Old 16 Dec 2016, 03:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: in a hurry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
No English, huh? I wonder how SHE passed the drivers test
wonder no more..

Quote:
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 requires agencies receiving federal funding
to provide individuals with limited English proficiency meaningful access to agency
programs and services.

here in IL they not only have the test available in spanish, you are even allowed to have someone help you read the test if you are not able to read it yourself. basically we could go to the DMV and i could take the test for you.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 03:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

California Driver Handbook

You can access the CA driving manual in multiple languages on the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website. Languages include:
English.
Armenian.
Spanish.
Chinese.
Korean.
Vietnamese.
Tagalog.
Russian.
Punjabi.
Farsi.
American Sign Language (video)

But 99% of all the traffic signs in California and the USA are in ENGLISH!!!!!!

& ase =Already Seriously Experienced

Last edited by NitroPT; 16 Dec 2016 at 03:17 pm.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 04:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojoe View Post
We got broadsided yesterday by a woman driving her boyfriends charger. anyone wanna bet his insurance wont cover it?
she made a illegal left out of a shopping center- the kind of driveways that force you to make a right. regardless of the sign that says no left...
such a sickening goddamn feeling to realize a collision on my babys side (passenger) is immanent...I some how accelerated to put the damage on the rear door/quarter panel.
my main point is, I saw this car turn right on the road (again, the curb prevents you from going left for 20') then PUNCH the gas left straight into us. when I was younger I used to think I could avoid it all... I have been a motorcycle roadracer for all my life with many championships, which in a nut shell means i'm very good at processing 25 things at 160mph...yet still. when some one rams you with that legendary dodge sedan power, there isn't much you can do.
ive crashed (a few times...) at high rates of speed with no drama but nothing re-NOTHING is worse than thinking "crap sweetie, someone is about to slam into your door, sorry".. helpless....
whats really bad was when the cops were taking the report the two ladies were laughing about something. they spoke no English so I don't know, maybe they were trying to calm themselves down. still real nice.
I drive stupid slow and couldn't save our poor 05 pt 2.4l na "turtle"
but I saved the woman I loved from a hell of a lot more than a urgent care trip.
thanks for letting me vent guys and gals, love you all and merry Christmas.
don't be in a hurry. your house will be there.
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad, though, that you were able to somewhat minimize the damage to your family.
I hope you're all doing ok.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 05:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
We got broadsided yesterday by a woman driving her boyfriends charger. anyone wanna bet his insurance wont cover it?
she made a illegal left out of a shopping center- the kind of driveways that force you to make a right. regardless of the sign that says no left...
such a sickening goddamn feeling to realize a collision on my babys side (passenger) is immanent...I some how accelerated to put the damage on the rear door/quarter panel.
my main point is, I saw this car turn right on the road (again, the curb prevents you from going left for 20') then PUNCH the gas left straight into us. when I was younger I used to think I could avoid it all... I have been a motorcycle roadracer for all my life with many championships, which in a nut shell means i'm very good at processing 25 things at 160mph...yet still. when some one rams you with that legendary dodge sedan power, there isn't much you can do.
ive crashed (a few times...) at high rates of speed with no drama but nothing re-NOTHING is worse than thinking "crap sweetie, someone is about to slam into your door, sorry".. helpless....
whats really bad was when the cops were taking the report the two ladies were laughing about something. they spoke no English so I don't know, maybe they were trying to calm themselves down. still real nice.
I drive stupid slow and couldn't save our poor 05 pt 2.4l na "turtle"
but I saved the woman I loved from a hell of a lot more than a urgent care trip.
thanks for letting me vent guys and gals, love you all and merry Christmas.
don't be in a hurry. your house will be there.
Sorry to hear about your PT, but I'm glad you did some quick thinking and protected your sweetie. While both PT Cruisers and women are plentiful and a dime-a-dozen, a good woman is very hard to come by. Glad you and yours came out okay.
rambojoe likes this.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 06:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Glad to hear all are ok and mending.
Around here personal responsibility ends with the someone else's car story because the someone else will then claim the use was not approved so insurance is voided altogether.
Don't you love it?
rambojoe likes this.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 06:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadenahotrod03Dreamer View Post
Glad to hear all are ok and mending.
Around here personal responsibility ends with the someone else's car story because the someone else will then claim the use was not approved so insurance is voided altogether.
Don't you love it?
This is why I carry uninsured motorist coverage on all my car includings the ones with just liability. That way, my insurance pays if the other person at fault doesn't have insurance or if their insurance fails to pay. Arkansas seems to be full of folks driving around carelessly in other folk's cars.

PS: I carry a rider on my insurance that will pay (collision and/or liability) if I get in a wreck in someone else's car. It's very inexpensive and keeps me out of trouble no matter what I'm behind the wheel of.
rambojoe likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 16 Dec 2016 at 06:17 pm.
Old 17 Dec 2016, 12:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Has the timing belt been replaced?
Old 17 Dec 2016, 01:36 pm
Young Cruiser

yes, I also rotated the tires an hour before the accident/crash.... the gates belt survived the incident! I am now researching passenger vehichles that employ a chain timer!

bumping the Kelly blue book info again...anyone?

btw, we have surprisingly great insurance- but we still fork out the deductible when the car is done. the concern is if its totaled
Old 17 Dec 2016, 01:41 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Sorry to hear about your PT, but I'm glad you did some quick thinking and protected your sweetie. While both PT Cruisers and women are plentiful and a dime-a-dozen, a good woman is very hard to come by. Glad you and yours came out okay.
nothing in the world like a woman to keep you on your toes every.minute.of the day.... kinda like trying to hug a honey badger!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 17 Dec 2016, 01:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
yes, I also rotated the tires an hour before the accident/crash.... the gates belt survived the incident! I am now researching passenger vehichles that employ a chain timer!

bumping the Kelly blue book info again...anyone?

btw, we have surprisingly great insurance- but we still fork out the deductible when the car is done. the concern is if its totaled

Do you consider your PT Cruiser in excellent condition before the accident? Kelly Blue book requires certain information to give you a rough idea of what your PT Cruiser is worth.

On my vehicles I try to keep the repair estimate below the value of the vehicle if I want to keep that vehicle.