in a hurry?

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2016, 04:16 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: in a hurry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojoe View Post
needless to say this woman should not drive and I will file a complaint with dmv with the intention of getting her license revoked. I wont hold my breath either... but to consciously ignore physical barriers then drive into someones broadside ( she was looking right at me) is dangerously bad.
we dropped off turtle this morning and my concern is state farm might total it, mainly because the quarter panel is a pretty major piece, incorporating both front and rear door jambs and running board.
small favor of you folks, anyone have a Kelly blue book in front of them? 2005 pt cruiser 2.4l n/a no abs only other option I can tell is the tilt steering wheel- 125,000m good condition.
the K.B. website didn't quite work... I guesstimate 2,800$ on value... prob right at 3k$ for repairs...
Old 17 Dec 2016, 04:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I respond this way sometimes also. If not my responses get deleted or edited.

Old 17 Dec 2016, 06:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

According to Blue Book value with the 2005 PT Cruiser in "very good condition" and standard equipment the average value is $1,957.00 but you might want to double check on the calculations. Such additional details such as automatic transmission, where you live, etc. can effect the average value.

Let us know what the insurance company think the value of your PT Cruiser is.
rambojoe likes this.

Last edited by ptcruisersteve; 17 Dec 2016 at 06:18 pm.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 04:00 pm
Young Cruiser

thank you steve. yup, automatic and id say good. between you and I- the new list includes every sensor in the tranny including the shift sensor (which involves dropping the valve body) every engine sensor, computer, rad fan, timing belt and related components, head resurfaced, head gasket, chambers decarbed, every engine compartment harness run reprotected, engine mounts, muffler hangers...oh and you could eat off the engine! but its still a 05 to them.
I'm afraid they will total it. it would be excellent condition except the notorious hail storm that damaged thousands of cars about 7 years ago. and that makes me think evil thoughts towards retribution... gggrrrrrrr. even tara wants to punch this broad in the throat if we get hosed.
oh well, it always works out. drive safe folks and merry Christmas!
p.s. i'll absolutely let everyone know how it turns out... if I don't its because I'm in jail for redecorating every thing this woman has. (I am a ASE certified exterior decorator)

Last edited by rambojoe; 18 Dec 2016 at 04:04 pm.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 04:21 pm
Young Cruiser

I'm very surprised but luckly they didn't total the pt. collision shop quoted 2200$ which only includes a new pssngr rear door and rim/wheel. I just cant believe they are repairing the door jam ( which was crunched ), but if they can and it seals then.... hey, 500$? here ya go. oh, and a 2 week turn around so it looks like the 77 chevy van saves the day again, just the girlfriend doesn't appreciate old scary lifted vans. THE STABBING WAGON!
rckstein and rcktpwrd like this.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 04:26 pm
Young Cruiser

good ol brownie. it'll still be running when your silvarado or F150 takes a dump. Fact!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 265817_456037521120382_1064268707_o.jpg (92.6 KB, 15 views)
rob302 likes this.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 05:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I'm very surprised but luckly they didn't total the pt. collision shop quoted 2200$ which only includes a new pssngr rear door and rim/wheel. I just cant believe they are repairing the door jam ( which was crunched ), but if they can and it seals then.... hey, 500$? here ya go. oh, and a 2 week turn around so it looks like the 77 chevy van saves the day again, just the girlfriend doesn't appreciate old scary lifted vans. THE STABBING WAGON!
Did the other driver have car insurance to cover the damage or is it being covered under uninsured?
Old 20 Dec 2016, 05:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
Did the other driver have car insurance to cover the damage or is it being covered under uninsured?
I was wondering the same thing.

I once was hit by a lady when I had one of my Neon's and even though my insurance company fixed my vehicle because she was uninsured, I was still able to get a $2200 judgement against her in Small Claims Court. I never saw a penny from the judgement but because she was cited for no insurance, because I had received the judgement, I was able to file documents with the State Of Texas where the DMV revoked her driver's license. I'm sure it didn't really matter to her if she had a valid license or not, I'm sure she continued to drive, but it was the best I could do for a little revenge.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
143K Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93

Last edited by rckstein; 20 Dec 2016 at 05:46 pm.
Old 22 Dec 2016, 08:56 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruisersteve View Post
the driver "has" insurance but again no word on the validity... the accident was caused by the owners girlfriend and it is some b.s. fly by night "insurance". wither or not, we still pay the deductible- if they are covered hen we get it back. according to the rep it takes time.... I'm still grateful its getting fixed. I swear, new shocks and struts then its practically rebuilt, fender to fender! hate to plug ins. companies, but state farm wins...
thecabinguy and rob302 like this.
Old 03 Jan 2017, 03:29 pm
Young Cruiser

just as I suspected the rear axle is bent but state farm is still gonna fix it... we should be picking her up today so alls well. seems the shop was slammed with work and being the holidays prob didn't help..

still no word on the other peoples insurance. we in fact do have under/uninsured coverage but we still got to cover the deductible for now...so I wonder, how many of you had close calls or saw some crazy driving this holiday?

happy new years yallz
rckstein likes this.