Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Non-PT Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

in a hurry?

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2016, 12:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default in a hurry?

We got broadsided yesterday by a woman driving her boyfriends charger. anyone wanna bet his insurance wont cover it?
she made a illegal left out of a shopping center- the kind of driveways that force you to make a right. regardless of the sign that says no left...
such a sickening goddamn feeling to realize a collision on my babys side (passenger) is immanent...I some how accelerated to put the damage on the rear door/quarter panel.
my main point is, I saw this car turn right on the road (again, the curb prevents you from going left for 20') then PUNCH the gas left straight into us. when I was younger I used to think I could avoid it all... I have been a motorcycle roadracer for all my life with many championships, which in a nut shell means i'm very good at processing 25 things at 160mph...yet still. when some one rams you with that legendary dodge sedan power, there isn't much you can do.
ive crashed (a few times...) at high rates of speed with no drama but nothing re-NOTHING is worse than thinking "crap sweetie, someone is about to slam into your door, sorry".. helpless....
whats really bad was when the cops were taking the report the two ladies were laughing about something. they spoke no English so I don't know, maybe they were trying to calm themselves down. still real nice.
I drive stupid slow and couldn't save our poor 05 pt 2.4l na "turtle"
but I saved the woman I loved from a hell of a lot more than a urgent care trip.
thanks for letting me vent guys and gals, love you all and merry Christmas.
don't be in a hurry. your house will be there.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 15 Dec 2016 at 12:51 pm. Reason: Family Forum
Old 15 Dec 2016, 04:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: in a hurry?

Sorry to hear about your PT, man, but am very happy that you and your sweetie are unharmed. I often wonder how some people even got a drivers license in the first place with the stupid crap I see them pull. No English, huh? I wonder how SHE passed the drivers test for sure, unless she's bi-lingual. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and yours and be thankful for your blessings.
rambojoe likes this.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie
2003 PT GT 2.4 turbo auto stick
Old 15 Dec 2016, 04:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Glad you and yours weren't hurt! Hopefully the offending party was cited and insurance takes care of you.
rambojoe likes this.
1990 Chevy 454SS
1989 Chevy Suburban 2500
www.rcktpwrd.com
Old 15 Dec 2016, 04:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Your post has some similarities to my life ..I wont go into my racing career but I will say that for the last few years on the street I have developed a Sunday drivers approach. The unfortunate thing is that when I get back on the track that is to say a sanctioned road track I need to re-learn driving the first few laps. Professional or not driving on the street is nothing to compare to a controlled race track with other experienced drivers. I no longer drive slow or like a Sunday driver and have taken up my normal and experienced driving techniques driving on public roadways. If I get a citation than so be it at least I will have less chances of idiots causing damage or personal harm to myself or passengers. These days you need to not only drive defensively but with the eye and skill degree of a professional racer.
rambojoe likes this.

ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude

Last edited by NitroPT; 15 Dec 2016 at 04:30 pm.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 04:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

All sounds good but I've been to too many crashes to know that there are so many drivers out there that aren't paying attention, in a hurry or just don't give a hoot about traffic laws. If they need to be in a certain place at a certain time, then world watch out.

Joe, thankfully you and your baby weren't hurt and hopefully nothing shows up days from now like strains and bruises you don't know about now. Hopefully she did receive a citation if it happened the way you say it did because that will put the fault 100% on her.
rambojoe likes this.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 15 Dec 2016, 05:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear that everyone appear to be alright, property can be replaced. Hopefully the party at fault will get their due justice.
rambojoe likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
140K Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '83 - '93
Old 15 Dec 2016, 06:29 pm
Young Cruiser

we both have whiplash and restraint rashes but ok...
driver was cited- but I've had pretty bad luck of seemingly insured drivers turning out to be, in fact, not insured. eh, 500$ deductible. not the end of the world but guess what that money was for! (um, ho-ho-ho)
the main point was (time and time again I realize) sharpness and skill wont matter sooner or later but you can make a decision that may save your loved one's legs.
racing is a switch. its called self control. a typical weekend can run thousands.... and 3 weeks of preparation, and after actually riding at 110% all desire for adrenaline disappears when I load up.
yup, I am the guy in the middle lane patiently waiting for hell to unfold in front of me practicing patience and restraint every minute of the day is what (mostly) wins...
thank you fellahs again for reading my censored g rated vent- sorry admins....
rockandroller likes this.
Old 16 Dec 2016, 12:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
All sounds good but I've been to too many crashes to know that there are so many drivers out there that aren't paying attention, in a hurry or just don't give a hoot about traffic laws. If they need to be in a certain place at a certain time, then world watch out.
I want to point out that many law enforcement (like Carey aka CREWZIN) seldom call them accidents anymore on reports but CRASHES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojoe View Post
the main point was (time and time again I realize) sharpness and skill wont matter sooner or later but you can make a decision that may save your loved one's legs.
racing is a switch. its called self control. a typical weekend can run thousands.... and 3 weeks of preparation, and after actually riding at 110% all desire for adrenaline disappears when I load up.
yup, I am the guy in the middle lane patiently waiting for hell to unfold in front of me ***practicing patience and restraint every minute of the day is what (mostly) wins...
thank you fellahs again for reading my censored g rated vent- sorry admins....
***My wife would agree....I have opt a few times for pulling over and having a heart to heart conversation with some drivers.

Hey the bright side is that insurance companies claim that once you have been in a Crash/accident you odds are not likely for it to happen again for the rest of your driving life?

But than they also say that an insured Motorcyclist will have a claim at some point?

ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude
Old 16 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Reason for Citrus County calling them crashes.....

Many drivers, after having received a citation where they were truly "at fault" came to the court date with a lawyer and pleaded the case with the definition of an "accident" being: an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury. Even though the driver was driving to fast for conditions, or not paying attention and the crash could have been avoided, the complainant pleaded "not guilty" as if it was an act of God because of the definition. Calling them "crashes" by definition, only explains what the crash was and not how it might have happened.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 16 Dec 2016, 01:51 pm
Young Cruiser

needless to say this woman should not drive and I will file a complaint with dmv with the intention of getting her license revoked. I wont hold my breath either... but to consciously ignore physical barriers then drive into someones broadside ( she was looking right at me) is dangerously bad.
we dropped off turtle this morning and my concern is state farm might total it, mainly because the quarter panel is a pretty major piece, incorporating both front and rear door jambs and running board.
small favor of you folks, anyone have a Kelly blue book in front of them? 2005 pt cruiser 2.4l n/a no abs only other option I can tell is the tilt steering wheel- 125,000m good condition.
the K.B. website didn't quite work... I guesstimate 2,800$ on value... prob right at 3k$ for repairs...