Is it Illegal to...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Mar 2016, 12:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Is it Illegal to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
Hey handy Pacific Mo is the same i got pulled over doing 45 in a 25 ticket was around $150 but for a additional $95 it was moved to a Excessive exhaust no points no insurance issues its a game but if you want to stay on top you pay to play
not sure about neon but the window tint is checked pretty much here in Missouri and you will get a ticket if it si to dark
Yep. I pretty well always look for vehicles that have factory tint. And that's plenty for me anyway.
Old 08 Mar 2016, 04:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: Is it Illegal to...

The problem with under-car glow lights is they are distracting to motorists. Same way with those lights that race around the license plate.

A few years back, guys were putting little blue lights in their windshield washer squirters mounted on the hood. They were dealt with appropriately. Some officers carried wire cutters so the driver could make his car "legal" again.
Old 08 Mar 2016, 04:53 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing View Post
The problem with under-car glow lights is they are distracting to motorists. Same way with those lights that race around the license plate.

A few years back, guys were putting little blue lights in their windshield washer squirters mounted on the hood. They were dealt with appropriately. Some officers carried wire cutters so the driver could make his car "legal" again.
Years ago I had a 1993 Ford Ranger STX super cab pickup that I had put a maroon (which matched the body color) neon license plate frame on the rear. One day going down the road, at about dusk, I was pulled over. The officer didn't like the neon frame. While the officer was talking to me about it, I had some tools in the vehicle and I removed the rear taillight where the license frame was tapped into the wiring and I ripped out the wires so the frame would not illuminate. The officer still gave me a citation.

When I was living in North Carolina when in the Military, I had a 1987 Honda Prelude with basically black out window tint, that was allowed in North Carolina at the time. When I moved to Texas and sold the vehicle shortly after I moved, the person that I sold it to called me to tell me that he received a ticket for the window tint. The tint laws were different in Texas. Not my responsibility that he had to have the tint removed and new installed that met the Texas laws.

This pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Bottom line if you do anything that is not auto manufactured installed be prepared to pay a fine if your get caught.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 08 Mar 2016, 05:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I wonder how K.I.T.T. got away with the RED lights in the hood scoop for so many years?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 10 Mar 2016, 08:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

As a fellow MD resident who was looking to put LED underglow on my PT, I spent quite awhile researching this and talking to various organizations. I came up with the following list of laws regarding lights.

1. No lights below 15" from the ground.
2. Only white or amber (except red on rear)
3. No flashing, blinking, or strobe effects.
4. Nothing that could cause a hazard to yourself or other drivers (lights that shine into oncoming traffic, etc.)