Dont want to give up my baby 2003 pt cruiser

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2014, 08:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Dont want to give up my baby 2003 pt cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
The sound seems to be coming from the passenger side not sure if its the top or bottom.....
If it wasn't scraping before they replaced the water pump gasket/O ring, you might have a pulley scraping somewhere. Jack the passenger side up & pull off the tire, that's probably the only way your gonna find it. With luck...it will be something on the outside of the timing cover & not the inside. If you think it's inside the timing cover, take it back to the shop.

2006 Touring Edition in Cool Vanilla...aka/Ghost
Old 21 Jul 2014, 10:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Ill check in to it But there is no shop I'm the one doing the work in my drive way just me and my neighbor he's was a navy mechanic and I went to DADC so together we are a pretty dame good team but never worked on a pt cruiser before and after this never want to again If you ask me there not worth the trouble just want to fix it and sell it get it out of my life. it was my baby now its my nightmare
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks Ill check in to it But there is no shop I'm the one doing the work in my drive way just me and my neighbor he's was a navy mechanic and I went to DADC so together we are a pretty dame good team but never worked on a pt cruiser before and after this never want to again If you ask me there not worth the trouble just want to fix it and sell it get it out of my life. it was my baby now its my nightmare
Maybe next time you have a car you really like you should let a professional do the work. So you can still love your car. Your blaming your car for your learning mistakes. I always applaud those who do it themselves. Just not when the car gets the blame for their effort. Every car has something that's seems to be harder than it should be. So you just got to decide if you got it to go or should you let others do it. hope it's something simple and you don't have to redo everything you've done. Good luck on it.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I've been working on cars for nine years I worked for Chevy auto for 3 so as far as professional goes I think I know what I'm doing! This problem with the engine is not due to what I have done but to the makers who didn't think about the performing of the car when building it they picked looks over every thing else . It is not the problem with the car that makes me start to not like them its the crap I have to go through to fix any thing on it theres no room to work and you have to dismantle just about every thing to get to any thing

But thanks for all your support and Help to any one who replied to my post! I wish all of you the best of luck with your cars
Old 22 Jul 2014, 01:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
I've been working on cars for nine years I worked for Chevy auto for 3 so as far as professional goes I think I know what I'm doing! This problem with the engine is not due to what I have done but to the makers who didn't think about the performing of the car when building it they picked looks over every thing else . It is not the problem with the car that makes me start to not like them its the crap I have to go through to fix any thing on it theres no room to work and you have to dismantle just about every thing to get to any thing

But thanks for all your support and Help to any one who replied to my post! I wish all of you the best of luck with your cars
The 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser has 333 problems & defects reported by PT Cruiser owners. The
worst complaints are electrical, cooling system, and engine.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 04:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I supposed you looked this up on the internet. I have been working on cars of all makes for decades. I'm sure you can find the same kind of stats or worse on a Chevy. I know I can and I like them to.
boonie2 likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Jul 2014, 05:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
The 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser has 333 problems & defects reported by PT Cruiser owners. The
worst complaints are electrical, cooling system, and engine.
well I think that says it all...

and actually the most common complaints of most owners of any vehicle are..."electrical, cooling system, and engine"!

In the last 2 years having specifically been working on various PT Cruisers the biggest problems were not engineered related but lack of maintenance and pre maintenance by the owners.

Hmm....also just wanted to say at 6 foot 200lbs I have to trouble working on a PT?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 22 Jul 2014 at 05:40 pm.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I've been working on cars for nine years I worked for Chevy auto for 3 so as far as professional goes I think I know what I'm doing!
Well, if you changed the timing belt and didn't replace the water pump, I'm not impressed....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Jul 2014, 06:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well thanks To all of you I didn't come on here to have my performance ridiculed or questioned I came on looking for advise and help But you have all made me feel so Glad I even tried this site Good luck to all of you