Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
to lock or not to lock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2005, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default to lock or not to lock

I've spent more time in convertibles and opened top cars than in hard top ones during my life. I'm 33 and I've owned a 69 Skylark convertible, an '87 Cavalier Convertible, an 87 Fiero GT with T-Tops, and a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertible.

I've always gone with the policy of not locking the vehicle, not locking the glove box, and keeping nothing in it. Crooks who want in the vehicle will cut your top. Sometimes, the idiots will do it without even checking to see if the doors are unlocked.

I would have kept that policy with the PT, but it came equipped with the factory security system which is armed by locking the doors. So for you other convertible owners out there, do you lock or not? Is the potential notification benefit of the alarm going off worth the trade off of someone cutting your top?