Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
faster, quicker advice needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default faster, quicker advice needed

Here is the deal. I am a man that hates debt that has learned to hate slow cars. Last June I flat out bought a PT Convertable base model: standard V4. Without complaining too much, it is the slowest car I have ever owned and it is bothering me. I am not a top speed, highway demon but I do greatly desire better acceleration at all speeds.

I have now saved up about $4000 and I'm ready to put it in the car but I don't know what the best option is. Do I get the jackson Supercharger that the parts catalog is trying to sell me? Do I go for new exhaust and fuel filter? Do I sell the car and by a GT (I think too much $$)? If i do go for a supercharger will I really lose out on mileage and how much will I pay for install? Is there something else that I don't know about? Is there something else that most people do to PTs that I should too: handeling etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated here in Austin.

Thanks y'all.
Micah