Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power windows in winter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2005, 11:59 am
Droptop

Default Power windows in winter

Has any one had problems opening the doors on the convertible when it is really cold outside? Usually this has happened when it has rained or snowed and below freezing outside. The windows wil not go down the little bit before you open the door. You have to pull real hard to open. I really do not want to break the window by doing this. Then when you close the door, the window rests outside of the rubber trim, leaving a gap around the rubber trim. Any suggestions, or have had this problem?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 08:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Power windows in winter

Hello,

I am also having this problem, I don't have a garage to keep it in during the winter and when it get cold and damp (a frequent thing in ontario :P) the power windows wont lower that little bit to let me open the door. Please help, some time before winter comes around again would be nice :P

Thank you,

Dup3
Old 25 Jun 2009, 10:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Power windows in winter

I'd suggest trying:
Put window all the way down.
Spray silicone spray on a rag and wipe the inside of the rubber strip that rubs against the window and soak it good. That should keep it from sticking and silicone drys clear and repels water. May have to do it every couple of weeks or so....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles