Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Base Conv. VS Touring Conv.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2007, 06:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Base Conv. VS Touring Conv.

Hey everyone - I am trying to figure out how DC get and extra 29HP on the Touring VS the Base model convertible. I am seriously thinking of trading my 2001 Limited for a brand new 2006 convertible base model. I am a little lost as to where the extra HP comes from?

Anyone have an answer to that? I would assume it must be a different intake and maybe exhaust? I am going back to the dealer Monday to see what kind of numbers they throw back at me, and I'll go from there.

Would I be disappointed in going from my mildly modded 2001, to the base model convertible? I see the base model doesn't have 4-wheel disk brakes, but it does have ABS, so that is a plus. Anything else I should consider before letting my 2001 go?

Thanks everyone!!
Matt
Old 17 Mar 2007, 07:00 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ahhh... Quick research shows me the 2006 Touring Convertible has a turbo? I had no idea the touring was a turbo model. I thought there was only the Turbo lite, and the GT.

My questions still apply, although I obviously see now why the base model is so much less than the touring. I'd like to hear what people have to say about their base model convertibles.

Likes, Dislikes, etc!

Thanks!
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 17 Mar 2007, 11:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't have a convertable, but I do have friends who have. The complaint I have heard the most is lack of trunk space.

If you have "Hauled" material in the sedan you have, you will find you won't be able to do that now.

BTW: welcome to the Forum. [^]

Old 18 Mar 2007, 01:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Hooligan

I don't have a convertable, but I do have friends who have. The complaint I have heard the most is lack of trunk space.

If you have "Hauled" material in the sedan you have, you will find you won't be able to do that now.

BTW: welcome to the Forum. [^]

I'm sure I would run into the trunk space problem every now and then. But really, unless you have stuff you can stack, you really cant fit all that much more in the regular PT as apposed to the convertible.

Is there a pocket in the convertible like there is in the regular, where the JL Audio Stealth box goes? I just spent $700 for the box and a decent amp for my car, and I would hate to loose that when I trade in my 2001 Limited.

Does anyone by chance know how much leather seats for the convertible go for? That would be one of the first things I would look into (also new wheels) if I get this convertible. That is of course, pending what the dealer comes up with for a trade-in value of my car.

Another question I have - Does anyone know if the suspension is the same on the 2006 convertibles as it is on the 2001 limited's? I just put my goldline slammers on my 2001, and I would love to put those on the convertible if at all possible. I keep all the factory parts from my car, so I could easily return it to stock before trading it in.

Thanks!
Matt

Past Mopars:
Old 18 Mar 2007, 09:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I can fit my golf clubs in my trunk, that's all I worry about! LOL.

But yes there isn't much trunk space, however the seats do fold down and UP and have a belt that you can secure them quickly in the up position.

The rear seats, when down, do have a lot of room too.

Old 19 Mar 2007, 05:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tmade

I can fit my golf clubs in my trunk, that's all I worry about! LOL.
Thats great news. I golf as much as I can, so I am glad to hear clubs will fit. I am sure you have to put down the rear seats? You can get 2 sets of clubs in there correct?

Thanks!
Matt

Past Mopars:
Old 19 Mar 2007, 10:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Easily. Both seats have a strap that you can secure the seats in the folded up position.

Get the Turbo...much more fun in city traffic!
[8)]
Old 22 Apr 2007, 12:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Base Conv. VS Touring Conv.

We have an 06 Basic model PT Convertible .The only thing I see different is the boot was extra, the cruiser doesn't have cruise control and you have to pay $2500.00 extra if you want the power driver's seat other then that it's the same car.We also have an 01 touring. One other thing is it's hard on gas.
Old 22 Apr 2007, 10:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Base Conv. VS Touring Conv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvereagle View Post
We have an 06 Basic model PT Convertible .The only thing I see different is the boot was extra, the cruiser doesn't have cruise control and you have to pay $2500.00 extra if you want the power driver's seat other then that it's the same car.We also have an 01 touring. One other thing is it's hard on gas.
Mines a '06 base model also - Although I had cruise control installed as part of the deal with me buying the car. I wonít own a car without cruise. I drive 65 miles each way to work, and even my 1987 Porsche has cruise control (works perfect too I might add).

I wish mine came with the convertible boot, but I guess Iíll eventually pick one up somewhere. Even if I have to buy it from the factory for an arm and a leg. They sure do look much nicer with the top down and a boot covering the top.

Matt

Past Mopars:
Old 23 Apr 2007, 07:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Talking Re: Base Conv. VS Touring Conv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvereagle View Post
On the gas issue... PT's are about as aero-dynamic as a brick because of the retro appearance DC was going for. But we, the PT community got 'em for there looks.....

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !