Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How do I post pics question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Apr 2007, 08:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default How do I post pics question

Maybe it is just too simplistic, and I don't see the instructions, but how does one place a picture in the message here? When I hit the pic icon above it gives some bracketed letters, but I am not quite sure what to next in order to get the pics posted. I didn't locate the instructions in the faq or by using search. Any help would be a appreciated.
Thanks,
Huey
Old 01 Apr 2007, 07:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Huey,

Your pics will need to be available on the web. Somewhere like webshots, photobucket,etc. Then you just take the link to the photo and inclose it in image brackets.

Like this:
[ img ] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...pttomvsm22.jpg [ /img ]

Without the spaces its give you this:

Hope this helps.
Tom

Old 01 Apr 2007, 10:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, Tom, I appreciate it. I need to add some more pics and albums at my photobucket account. I'll post pics later in the week, once I get all that done.

I went out for a ride in the covertible with my wife today. She and I had a grand time in just being out and looking over the neighborhood and such. It is a really hard choice to make on such a beautiful day, as I have a Ural Troyka, and love to ride it with my dogs in the sidecar. My little one rides with her doggles and helmet, so even when we are in the cruiser or the Ural, we get a lot of attention from others. They (Baby and Bosco) haven't ridden in the cruiser just yet, so that will be an adventure. I found a vacant lot with an overgrowth of blue bonnets, so I had to put the cruiser away to go get pics of Baby in the Ural, amongst the blue bonnets.

I am certainly hoping that the cruiser gets better gas mileage than what the dash unit was indicating. Maybe I didn't set it correctly or such. I sure hope so. The owner's manual is not as good as it could have been, in my opinion. I'll have to check the mileage when I fill up my first tank and see if I agree with that dash gauge or not.

I have an '06 cruiser convertible that is a green color. At least, that was how it was described by the dealership papers. It actually looks more of a teal color. I am wondering what the real name of the color is. Green seems to overly simplistic. It has a black top, but I am currently in an argument with the dealership, as they listed it as having the top/with cover. They didn't have the boot, but had listed the car as having it. We are butting heads at present, but I said I'd give the fellow a couple of weeks before registering my complaint with the BBB. Hope he doesn't think I am perhaps kidding.

Any rate, I have been thrilled with the car so far, except I do wish the seats would lower a bit to allow me to get to a better eye level, and not have to rely on mirrors so much. Am I missing something, or is there a standard way to lower the driver's seat? The rear window is very, very restricted as to view. I am not very tall at all, but somehow I seem to have to lower my head to see the lights, when I get at a stop light. My rear windshield sure is dark at night. I am sort of dreading driving in fog in the future.

Well, again, thanks for the info on pic posting.
Huey
Old 01 Apr 2007, 11:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Testing to see if this works.
Huey
Old 02 Apr 2007, 01:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

nice car !!
Old 02 Apr 2007, 09:13 am
Senior Cruiser

It works Nice Cruiser
Old 02 Apr 2007, 08:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Huey:
Welcome to the forum[^].

I just looked in my '06 brochure and after looking at the color in your posted picture, you have a Marine Blue Pearl convertable. Chrysler didn't offer a green color in 2006.

Don't bother using the "fuel used" readout in the dash. I have found that it is only a average of fuel used over a period of time. I check my milage every fillup to see what I am getting. 18-20 city, 22-25 highway.

Your seat if it is power or not cannot be lowered only to a point. Most of us have to "bend the neck" when we are first at a light.

It's a great car and you will learn to like it like the rest of us have.

Old 03 Apr 2007, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[img][img][/img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

I hope these download ok. My dog, Baby, rides with me all the time. However, I haven't loaded up pics of my other dog, Bosco, who also rides with me in my Ural Troyka. I found a vacant lot full of blue bonnets, and took advantage of the photo opportunity.
Huey
Old 04 Apr 2007, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

now thats cool !![^]