Advertisements
Convertible roof Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2007, 02:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Question Convertible roof Problem

HI
....have an 05 Vert.
The plastic portion that has the lock handle has a problem. When you raise the roof and look at this plastic unit that extends across the front of the convertible roof, there are about 12 screws.
The two most outer edge screws have pulled away from the plastic unit and have actually cracked and split the corner of the plastic close to where they sit.

Seems there are other vert owners with same issue. How do we get this issue noticed and a recall issued?

Dave
Old 03 Jun 2007, 04:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Convertible roof Problem

Call Chrylser, If enough complain MAYBE a FIX will be made.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 05 Jun 2007, 02:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaShado View Post
Seems there are other vert owners with same issue. How do we get this issue noticed and a recall issued?
Hi Dave,

I'm about 8 hours east of you.

Thanks for making me aware of this problem, I agree complain to Chrysler. I bought my '05 new a couple of weeks ago so I have 3 years on my bumper to bumper warranty, so I will keep an eye on that.

Regards
Terry
Old 06 Jun 2007, 08:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well 2 more guys out here in Calgary have the same problem. Funny they are both 05 's

Is there someone out there that has some clout or direction on how to get this to the attention of the right person?

DaShado
Old 06 Jun 2007, 10:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaShado View Post
Is there someone out there that has some clout or direction on how to get this to the attention of the right person?
Interestingly enough, in '91 I had a bad experience at a Chrysler dealership in Regina. I was pissed off enough that I wrote a 2 page letter to the then president of Chrysler Canada, Yves Landry (who has since passed away). He actually phoned me, also had the Western Canada Rep (in Calgary) phone me as well as the owner of the dealership phoned to "beg" for forgiveness. Then the Rep in Calgary phoned me again to see if I was satisfied. Find out who the rep is in Calgary and phone there.

Regards
Terry