Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Seating Capacity - Rental

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2007, 02:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Seating Capacity - Rental

I am going on vacation with 3 adults and 2 young kids (5 and 6 years old). We wanted to rent a convertible for the trip. I was wondering if the PT Cruiser COnvertible will seat 3 adults and 2 kids.

Thanks and sorry for the basic (aka stupid) question.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 10:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Seating Capacity - Rental

Should not be a problem. I don't have a convertible but I believe the seating is about the same in both models. Just put the adult with the least hair in the back seat when you have the top down.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i think you will be ok
Old 30 Jul 2007, 01:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree. Convert has same back seat, and I had five hefty adults (not obese, but hefty - 1 of them me) it was tight, but went 200 miles and we all survived. An adult & 2 kids in back should be fine.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 30 Jul 2007, 10:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasntMe View Post
I am going on vacation with 3 adults and 2 young kids (5 and 6 years old). We wanted to rent a convertible for the trip. I was wondering if the PT Cruiser COnvertible will seat 3 adults and 2 kids.

Thanks and sorry for the basic (aka stupid) question.
3 adults and 2 kids on a road trip in a PT convertible? How long is the road trip (miles, days, miles/day) and how much luggage are you planning on taking? The trunk of the PT convertible is not really cavernous.
Old 31 Jul 2007, 02:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"PT convertible is not really cavernous" thats for sure thats what kept my wife from getting one
Old 31 Jul 2007, 05:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasntMe View Post
I was wondering if the PT Cruiser COnvertible will seat 3 adults and 2 kids.
I agree with the other posters, you may be able to get all 5 people in the car, but you better not have much for luggage.

Regards
Terry
Old 03 Aug 2007, 09:08 am
Young Cruiser

I own an 06 vert and the seating in the back is only for 2. There are only 2 seatbelts. So sez the manual. It appears the convertible top mechanics take up the extra space. And trunk storage is at a premium. Hope this helps

Current Mods: Removing small pieces of paint on the hood and grille by painstakingly driving into flying debris kicked up by preceeding vehicles
Old 03 Aug 2007, 09:22 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy-GRR8PT View Post
I own an 06 vert and the seating in the back is only for 2. There are only 2 seatbelts. So sez the manual.
Good Point, I never really took notice before, but there is only 2 seat belts so really it is only a 4 seater.

Regards
Terry
Old 05 Aug 2007, 02:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I agree with the folks who have suggested not to try it. A PT convert definitely will not seat five people either comfortably nor safely and wasn't ever intended to do so. The four door is able to handle even five adults as long as the one sitting in the middle rear doesn't mind being groped once in a while.....

The new Chrysler Sebring retractible hardtop or a Pontiac G6 might be a choice, except their trunk disappears with the top down. The Cruiser's trunk is rather large and is the same whether the top is up or down.....

An alternative: Why not try to drive a conventional vehicle to your destination and rent a convert when you get there?

Best alternative, two Cruiser convertibles! Twice the trunk space and twice the fun!!!

2005 PT GT Turbo HO Autostick Convert. --- Bauhaus Progressive Rate Lowering Springs 2.0" frt/1.75" rear, Tokico HP Blue Struts/Shocks, Freedom Front Strut Brace, K&N Filter, Crane FireWires, MOPAR Turbo BOV, TOYO PROXES TPT 215/50/17 HP Skins, Sylvania Silverstar Headlamps, IPCW Clear LED Taillights, TYC Back-up Lights, 115db Airhorn, 13" Billet Radio Antenna w/ chrome bezel, Chrome: Fuel Door Cover, Trunk Lid Struts, Door Handle Cups, Door Spears, Hood Portholes, Washer Nozzles, GT logo valve stem caps, Steering Wheel Spoke Trim, NEW! Chrome Upper body trim, 30% window tint side and rear, Sirius One Radio, factory GPS.

Other MOPAR in our family: 2005 Pacifica Limited AWD
Past Mopars:
2003 Cruiser PT GT Turbo 4dr and fifteen others back to (my first and favorite) 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi Conv't.