Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Another Newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2008, 05:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Another Newbie

Just bought my wife an 05 GT vert. Car seems to have almost every option with only 14K on it. It is dark blue with ghost flames on the hood. We really like the car. The dealer said it was a Dream Cruiser. What does that mean?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67c8_3.jpg (67.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 5724_3.jpg (51.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by offshoreracr; 24 Mar 2008 at 06:06 pm.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 05:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Another Newbie

Welcome to the forum.

Chrysler, during certain years of making the PT, came out with a special edition and called it a Dream Cruiser. You should have a badge on the rear lift gate and another in the center of the dash indicating that's it's a dream Cruiser and the badge inside the car will have the number of the cruiser you have out of a particular number of dream cruisers they built.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 06:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It must not be a Dream Cruiser as there is are no emblems. Not to worried about it. I never thought I would have so much fun driving this car. Thanks for the info.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 06:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Your welcome. Hardly ever believe what the dealer tells you, or at least check twice everything they do tell you. Enjoy the ride.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Did the Dream Cruisers come in the Convertible?

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
Did the Dream Cruisers come in the Convertible?
In '04 they did.

I assume dealers are lying until proven otherwise.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

In 05 Chrysler made a Black Cherry convertible as a special edition. Don't know if it was a Dreamer or not.

Details of Used 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser, Buford, GA - Yahoo! Autos

Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

offshoreracr, Welcome to the Forum!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 24 Mar 2008, 08:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Your welcome. Hardly ever believe what the dealer tells you, or at least check twice everything they do tell you. Enjoy the ride.
I have to admit the dealer was great to work with and that he said he was told by people looking at the car that it was a dream cruiser. I would have bought the car either way.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 08:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
offshoreracr, Welcome to the Forum!!!
Thanks, if this forum is anything like some of the boat forums I'm on, the people are great and the knowedge is endless. Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by offshoreracr; 24 Mar 2008 at 08:12 pm.