PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Considering Selling my 06 Cruiser Convertible..but unsure..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2008, 04:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT
Default Considering Selling my 06 Cruiser Convertible..but unsure..

I guess I am looking for Opinions. I have a 2006 PT Cruiser Convert. w/ 39,700Miles...Still Young.

I need to sell this car because it's very uncomfortable to drive w/ my spine injury that's been seeming to take over my day to day life (Degenertive disc disease and pinched siatica nerve in right *driving* leg w/ pain 24/7)

I have the base model, you know w/ all the feats, I have pics of it up....Remote start, XM, installed Mopar fog lights because I love me some fog lights LOL, but seriously, It doesn't have cruise control which I NEED. I was heated seats, and I need more legroom to stretch my legs out..I am 5'10''. I know what car I am looking to get and I have tried out MANY in the last month or so and it's the best one for the legroom. ( Im looking at the 2008/2009 G6 GXP Coupe..Excellent leg room and all feats I need, and I want it certified used cause american cars do not hold value ) I do not want to get these things I need installed into the car because reguardless if I do so, it won't help with the legroom issue.

I still owe 13,090 on the car and was either going to private sell or pay off in a year and a couple months ( double month payments ). I can not trade in because it's the whole negitive equity thing and I can't see paying more for a new car then it's worth. What Should I do? Any Opinions?

Old 27 Mar 2008, 04:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: Considering Selling my 06 Cruiser Convertible..but unsure..

I agree with most of your assessments:
-Never get anything from trade-in.
-Problem is, as a base model and 37K miles (out of warranty), even with your add-ons, you will be hard pressed to get $13K for it. Look at e-bay Motors for some comparisons. I got my loaded GT vert, turbo, auto, etc. in November, with only 8,000 miles for $17,500....only 12,000 now.
--Agree on either getting out of it now (selling), or pay off quickly, then buy. The delay would only pay the bank more interest.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 04:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Considering Selling my 06 Cruiser Convertible..but unsure..

This is very true and a good valid point. I will copy and paste something I noticed and wrote about with the dealers though and that Galves book they use to determin the value of a car....I posted a 10 paragraph think on my3cents.com cause I was so mad, to make a long story short I was looking at grand am gt's because I love them and the I went to 3 dealers in 1 day w/ the same kinda car and just about the same price....but here...

The dealers DO NOT USE Kelley Blue Book Value for the cars traded in and sold, they use this thing called Galves ( I believe it’s spelled like that, but any dealer will show you the book they used, just looke at the name ). They have Three Different Books for Different years and the such. I find it FUNNY how today I went to two dealers, both about a Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe. The first Dealers Book said that My car was worth 8,200 for it’s year w/ 29,000 miles and that it was to have 100.00 deducted for every thousand miles it was over. The second dealer’s book said my car was worth 7,600 for it’s year w/ 29,000 miles and was to have 75.00 deducted for every thousand miles it’s over the 29,000 mile mark. Now you tell me, why the second dealer swore up and down that all dealers have the same book, but if that was the case how would I know that exact information? You tell me. I saw it, my boyfriend saw it with his own eyes and yet the second dealer called me a liar. Don’t believe it, they DO have different books, with the same name, JUST DIFFERENT VALUES! Don’t be fooled! Even over the summer my boyfriend and I went to a Chevy dealer that also had a Used Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe and their Galves book said my car’s value was 7,500 for it’s year at 29,000 miles and was to have 100.00 deducted for every thousand miles over that limit. I think I know that the dealers are correct they do use the same NAMED book, but I think that they have different prices and values based on how much net worth that dealer is or has, or based on how much it sells.

..This is why I will not trade it in even when I do pay it off, if I don't sell it, because I know private sale you can get more then they ask and who knows, if I tried to trade it in a year it might be worth only 3500 or 2500 depending on miles...so I'd rather private sell it for sure. SUPPOSEDLY a car of my year should only have around 29,000 but to estimate people to drive only 10,000 miles a year or 12,000, it’s unrealistic to the daily driver because most people alone drive 20 to 30 miles to work one way so I do not agree w/ the mileage thing.

Last edited by Cathy06PT; 27 Mar 2008 at 05:54 pm.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 05:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy06PT View Post
SUPPOSEDLY a car of my year should only have around 29,000 but to estimate people to drive only 10,000 miles a year or 12,000, means they must have no job, no life and get a taxi everywhere, itís unrealistic to the daily driver because most people alone drive 20 to 30 miles to work one way so I do not agree w/ the mileage thing.
Wow. You're wrong. Some people don't travel as often as others, some people don't "joy ride" as much as others, and some people like retirement folks just have no reason to drive 15,000 miles per year.

Now personally I am around 20,000 - 25,000 miles per year, but my mother and father however are somewhere in the range of 8,000 and 10,000 per year. My mother is a nurse, my father is a firefighter. You can't just come out and say people that don't drive like maniacs are low life idiots that don't have jobs that take taxi's everywhere. Get it straight.

As for your car - Private selling is always the best bet, NEVER trade-in.

Thanks

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Check me out on Car Domain!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 05:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

No need to be rude there, I made that as a general statement and when I originally wrote it I was very angry. Im very sorry if it offended you but I do understand elderly, retired, and maybe people who work at home but no where in there did I call ANYONE a low-life, sure I said "they must have no life, no job and get a taxi, " but never called anyone a low-life idiot, I find that offensive.

Last edited by Cathy06PT; 27 Mar 2008 at 05:45 pm.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 05:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ucantcme Send a message via MSN to ucantcme Send a message via Skype™ to ucantcme

Alright...a No life, no job, taxi getting person..

No life = Low Life
No job = ^^Same as above
Idiot = Combination of the 2.

Calling my family "no life, no job, get a taxi" people offends me because their not and I respect them for it.

My Baby:
01' Taupe Limited PT Cruiser w/ rear spoiler, Drop in K&N Air Filter, Limo tint all around, blue neon interior, blue LED windshield nozzles,
In-dash CD/DVD/Radio made by Jensen, Vent Visors, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Grille inserts, Dual Catback Exhaust, Scan Gauge II,
back-up camera, and a system containing 2 Lanzar 15" subwoofers and an MA Audio 1800watt amplifier.

Old 27 Mar 2008, 05:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yes because I was talking about your family when I said that..Only you...Please...Reguardless I am not looking to fight over what I said and didn't say if you'd like would deleteing that little sentence fragment make you feel better? Look I'll do it anyway. I'm just looking for people's honest opinion on my situation, not to have it get this retarted and argue over this. C'mon now.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 06:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy06PT View Post
Yes because I was talking about your family when I said that..Only you...Please...Reguardless I am not looking to fight over what I said and didn't say if you'd like would deleteing that little sentence fragment make you feel better? Look I'll do it anyway. I'm just looking for people's honest opinion on my situation, not to have it get this retarted and argue over this. C'mon now.
Thanks.

My Baby:

Old 27 Mar 2008, 06:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucantcme View Post
Thanks.
Your Welcome
Old 27 Mar 2008, 10:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

OMG!!