Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Wind noise in 06 Convertible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2008, 10:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry Wind noise in 06 Convertible

I just purchased a 06 convertible. Itís my very first convertible. My wife fell in love with the car the moment she saw it. We've had less then stellar remarks to make about the car. I fear that buying a demo car was probably a bad idea. Many things wrong with this car were caused by the dealer.
All that being said... I wanted to find out if anyone else has ever experienced wind noise from the passengerís window... this starts to happen around 40mph... And the noise fluctuates. At first I thought it was the top. I thought possibly the catch that holds the top down needed tightened. That isn't the case. When you hold the rubber seal around the small corner piece it causes the noise to stop. Also... the corner piece on the inside of the car seems to be loose. Any insight to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. I love the looks of this car very much... which is why I would imagine so many people own them.
Old 07 Apr 2008, 11:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Wind noise in 06 Convertible

someone else was having this problem recently. i believe they replaced the offending weatherstrip and the problem was solved.
Old 07 Apr 2008, 11:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Wind noise in 06 Convertible

See a previous thread on this forum.....
"Wind Noise Around A Pillar"....
wind noise at A pillar
Old 12 Apr 2008, 10:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i just got mine last year no problems with wind wife says only me that has a wind problem lol
Old 13 Apr 2008, 11:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

I tried the lubricant that the service manager suggested... no luck it still makes the noise. I did notice that the plastic triangle piece on the passenger's side feels loose. I'll mention this when I take the car back tomorrow. They are going to fix a suspension problem. I think it's the drive axle. I saw a post concerning the fact that Turbo models have a balanced drive axle and the other models don't. I mentioned that to the service manager when I talked to him. I hope they get this fixed. We have a lemon law here in PA. That may come in to play if they can't get either of these problems corrected. The dealer is on thier second visit for both. this may get real interesting...
Old 08 Jul 2008, 07:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

For anyone that's having the same issue. I took my car back to the dealer and he adjusted the window and that fixed the issue.
On another issue I was having. the vibration in the front end turned out to be the drive shafts. The dealer replaced both the left and right drive shaft. Many thanks to everyone that posted a reply. I really appreciate the support that this site has provided. I'll continue to post things in the future related to my car.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 03:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

bring it right back to the dealer !!
Old 23 Nov 2008, 11:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have the same problem with the passengers side window. I have an 07 and have heard that there will be some noise in a convertible no matter which one you buy.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 10:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Wind noise in 06 Convertible

Noi reason to have wind noise at the windows of the vert. See the resolution on previous threads.

That being said, I was actually suprised that my 2006 GT vert isn't as noisy on the road as I thought that it would be. I have a second, a hard top, and so I have a weekly comparison.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 24 Nov 2008, 10:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Soonercruiser,
I guess I have to pick and choose what I complain about since the dealer has been so cooperative with everything, including major items. My main focus right now is to find out what this HMMMMMMM noise is when I am sitting still and turn the wheel either direction. It's only noticeable inside with the top up! Then I will go after the weather stripping, lol.