Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Leftover '06 GT Convert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2008, 08:47 am
Young Cruiser

Default New Leftover '06 GT Convert

Ok, so I was opinionated about my local(rural) dealer, figured he was worthless. Then I stopped in looking for more info on the lifetime warranty...and there it sits, tucked into a corner of the showroom(actually the only car inside)...a black 2006 GT convert, manual trans, 2 tone silver leather interior, stickers for 30,000. Brand new, never titled....he's asking 19,900 and told me he can make me a hell of a deal on it. I'm drooling, trying to be rational. Then he tells me he has another one too.....
Not rich, I would have to make payments. And then there's the cost of premium fuel(I had a 05 GT auto), and that nagging fear of losing my license because the turbo makes me giggle and act 18 again.
Think it's a good deal? I'm thinking he's still about 3-4grand over what the actual market would allow right now. I can buy a brand new 08 LX in Phoenix(3 hours away)for 10grand, they advertise leftover 07 GT Converts for around 16grand. I checked, it is eligible for the lifetime warranty, wish it covered the turbo. Opinions???
Old 14 Jun 2008, 03:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: New Leftover '06 GT Convert

be sure about that warranty. I believe if you look on the Chrysler site it was 08 models. at least my guys said they had to "punch the ticket" meaning start the warranty and sell as used, even though I bought with 90 miles on it. mine was auto with leather, heated seats, 6 disc. Really don't think there were that many options. Hard to compare in market b/c I don't think 07-08 had GT model, and the pricing seemed way different.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 06:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

In January 08 I bought an 07 used GT convertible for 18,900 with only 4,500 mile and I thought I stole it for that price. One of the main reason for buying it was it's that tangerine orange in 07 that no one liked then but NOW everyone loves it, a convertible and a GT. I ask this forum and 2 others and no one has ever seen a convert in that color much less a GT. I'm very happy I bought it, it's got 10 thousand mile and not one problem. The only thing I wish it had was a 5 speed like the PT GT I traded in, it was blast to drive and I spanked a few honda boys too and it got better mileage too...oh well, it's worth it. With the fuel, you fill up and it cost 50 bucks, whats another 3 bucks for premium.
I say GO FOR IT!!!!, you won't be sorry and you have a convertible.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 11:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Ask 18 for it!

I recently got an '06 GT 'vert (black) w/a 5-speed w/40 miles on it: $18k!

It's a rare car to have a loaded 'vert w/a stick shift. A keeper and future collectible IMHO.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 03:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: New Leftover '06 GT Convert

Last November, got my black GT Vert for $17,500, with 8K on it. Tan top and leather interior.
(my opinion is, even "new", it should be aroung 16K by now - aging on the lot.)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 21 Jun 2008, 11:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to zapatista

I just got a 2005 GT Vert with a 5 sp. and 21k miles for $12k, which I'm really happy about. However it's not in perfect shape, but overall pretty decent. A little pitting on 2 of the chrome wheels and the front lower chrome piece is loose. Otherwise it's in great shape and I love it. Had a base 2005 vert 5 speed before it and the acceleration difference is like night and day.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 11:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to zapatista

By the way, mine is black/black. The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty does cover the turbo on that new 2006 you're lusting after....for the original posters info.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 10:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Cathy06PT

Go for it, You won't regret the Convert. purchase. An 06' leftover, Im suprised being it's sat there for 2 years or so.

Old 23 Jun 2008, 10:12 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
By the way, mine is black/black. The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty does cover the turbo on that new 2006 you're lusting after....for the original posters info.
How does that work? It's not a 2008.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 08:55 am
Young Cruiser

the lifetime warranty covers cars built and purchased between certain dates, starting sometime in '06. I think that part is a ploy to sell some of the leftovers.
Since this first post re;the leftover '06 GT, I've found at least 2 leftover '05 GT converts in Phoenix(3 hours away from me)another '06 convert and several '07 leftover converts, some turbolite, some n/a .
One particular '05 GT convert is the beautiful gold metallic color with similar color top, but they are still asking full list, alomost 29grand.
The dealer here in the middle of nowhere has not only the black GT convert I'm eyeing, but a blue '06 GT convert auto, 2 '06 base models and just sold a '07 special edition leftover.