Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Convertible Header Cracks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2008, 02:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Convertible Header Cracks

Ok, I dont know what the deal is but in the last thirty days I have noticed things happening with my crusier and it is irking me...
1. Rear belt line modling popped up and was rubing the top.
Dealership fixed under warranty repair.
2. Yesterday afternoon was sitting in the car with top up and noticed on passenger side what appeared to be a crack in the roofline header on the interior side. At first I thought it was a sting and then realized it was cracked. I put the top down to inspect further and not only on the inside but also when the top is open if you look at the header screws on the outside edges it was broken loose. My cruiser hit 6022 miles yesterday and this should not be happening.
Took to the dealership this morning and said this is the first time they have ever seen this but I thought I read a post before about this. Anyway the dealer has ordered the new plastic header peice and it will be replpaced soon under warranty.
This is my 3rd PT Cruiser (2nd Convertible) and this has never happended on the other one. Dealer said it could have been warped from the factory and eventually broke loose.

Happy Crusising
Chris
Old 08 Oct 2008, 10:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Convertible Header Cracks

You have a 2005 with only 6000 miles that pretty good. The header in my 2005 cracked when I had about the same mileage. Dealer replaced it under warranty. The new header piece does not have screw holes on the areas of high stress so the replacement piece will not crack.
Old 11 Oct 2008, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Convertible Header Cracks

All is good now, the dealership replaced the convertible header under warranty. As you mentioned it doesnt have the last two holes on each side..One would have thought Chrysler would issue a recall for the part.
The also replaced the "D Ring" and everything is all good.