Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mileage Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2008, 04:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Mileage Report

Took my new (new to me) 2007 base convertible on a tour of UT. Mileage report for the curious:
SLC, UT to Moab (Arches national park can only be done in a convertible) - 26 mpg
Moab to 4Corners - 25 mpg
4Corners to Page AZ (by way of Monument Valley) - 27 mpg
Page AZ to Fredonia AZ (by way of Grand Canyon) - 31 mpg
Fredonia AZ to Bryce National Park UT - 24 mpg
Bryce National Park to SLC, UT - 21mpg (avg speed 80mph)

My regular city mileage is ~21mpg. I really found that my best mileage was between 50 and 65mph. Keep it above that and the mileage really tanks (pardon the pun).

MPG was a concern for me before I bought my Cruiser, so I figured I'd share the info.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 09:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Smile Re: Mileage Report

I try to never drive above 65 any more.
Had to make an emergency trip fron OKCity to Tulsa this morning (and back late today) as the son went to the ER & hospital with kidney stones. Driving around Tulsa & back & forth....27.9 mpg! (2006, standard tranny, NA, with AirRaid intake).

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 01 Nov 2008, 10:09 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Mileage Report

I got my '05 non turbo, 5 spd in April, and have been tracking mileage since then. Typical driving is 50% hwy, 50% city. Including being stuck in some traffic jams and some highway trips, my mileage is sitting at an average of 28.3 mpg (US gallons).

Travel has probably been 70% top up, 30% top down. I don't drive agressively at all, and try to stick to around 65 mph on the highway.

Waiting to see what mileage does now that the weather is cooler, and winter is on the way.
Old 01 Nov 2008, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Took a trip to Myrtle Beach, filled up in GA and from there to MB got 31.5 MPG. Has some construction and had to drive 45 MPH. Otherwise the range was 18.1 to 28.1. That included 10 fillups as we went to Williamsburg VA both city and highway driving. We only have 4900+ miles on it. We were happy with that Highway mileage

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Nov 2008, 11:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have an '07 Touring, with the Turbo-Lite, that is approaching 12,000 miles. The last two tanks of gas have been half highway (averaging 65mph) and half street with some top down on both and I've gotten around 21/22 mpg. That's more than it has been, so I can see the engine reaching that 'broken in' point.
Old 07 Dec 2008, 06:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have a '05 base vert N/A, 5 speed and drive around 80 miles a day (40 mi one way trip to work) I've averaged 27.9 over the last 20 tanks. 32.8 was my best 1 tank "average". Granted this is mostly highway as I tend to "cruise" to work. (not a lead foot but i'm no "hypermiler" ether) I have noticed a slight dropoff in the last few tanks. It could be the cold weather but I am still thinking about changing plugs and wires. (50K on original plugs / wireset)
Old 07 Dec 2008, 08:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by adomeit View Post
I have a '05 base vert N/A, 5 speed and drive around 80 miles a day (40 mi one way trip to work) I've averaged 27.9 over the last 20 tanks. 32.8 was my best 1 tank "average". Granted this is mostly highway as I tend to "cruise" to work. (not a lead foot but i'm no "hypermiler" ether) I have noticed a slight dropoff in the last few tanks. It could be the cold weather but I am still thinking about changing plugs and wires. (50K on original plugs / wireset)
IT's Time!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 09 Dec 2008, 10:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

If we take this vacation to Florida this spring/early summer I'd like to swap out my plugs/wires and get my Needswings downpipe installed before I go...like to see how much it would help...maybe even an oil change from Syntec to Royal Purple. (I still hope gas is relatively low by that time...I'm sure it will be higher just not back to $4-5 again)
Old 27 Dec 2008, 11:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Had my 08 'Vert, a 5-speed, for 11 months, now with 14,000 miles.
in 60-40 highway-city driving, 55-65 mph, I usually average 27-28 mpg.
On a trip to eastern Maine I achieved my best, 32.1 mpg.
Overall I'm pleased with what I'm getting.
Old 28 Dec 2008, 03:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Some of you Guy's must be yanking my chain?
I live in Kitchener Ontario Canada and this is our second PT the first a 2000 and now a 07 Vert Automatic Touring! We work on liters up north here but 4.6 liters = one imperial gallon so if I am correct 3.8 or so liters = a US gallon or real close to those figures?
I cant get 24 mpg on my Imp. gallon and on the 2000 which I bought Used way back then it had low KLM on her I complained to the dealer and they changed the plugs, wires etc. I bought the 07 hoping for better than befoure but to my surprise the same . I and my wife love the car and our weather is cold -5 today snow melted with high of 9 C yesterday.
What am I doing wrong or how can I improve MPG ? I am a profesional Driver and have a light foot.
Any help would be appriciated
Ron G K