PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rear speaker install on 05 pt convertible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2008, 11:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Rear speaker install on 05 pt convertible

Hi,
My name is Craig and I own a 2005 silver PT Cruiser convertible and I am trying to install a pair of 6x9 inch alpine type R speakers and I cant seem to figure out how to take off the speaker cover. I'll be fine after that I just don't know if I need to take the whole panel off to get to the speaker or if the cover pops off like in the Sebring I used to have. I would love to be able to just pop off the cover but it doesn't look big enough to cover a 6x9. Anyway, I'm asking for anyone who has changed out the speakers if they could let me know how to get the cover off or what to do.
Thanks a lot,
Silverturbodrop
Old 29 Dec 2008, 04:21 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Rear speaker install on 05 pt convertible

Hello! To answer your question, it's a pretty labor intensive process. The covers to not pop off. You will need to remove the rear seat completely (including the horse shoe portion of the back) to access the plastic side panels. If you have a garage, I would do this in there with the top down. I can't image trying to do it all with the top up. Once the seat is removed you will be able to pull the side panels out to access the speakers.

'05 PT Convertible
'03 S500
'98 SL500