Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LOVE this vert photo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2009, 09:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default LOVE this vert photo

Anybody remember these days? Attendant would come up and wipe your windows, check your oil? They sold oil right next to the pumps because it seems many cars needed at least a quart. And they didn't expect you to tip them.

2008 Turbo Vert

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Ben Franklin, 1706-1790
Old 20 Feb 2009, 10:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: LOVE this vert photo

I remember those days very well. I grew up in a small farming community in west central Indiana. I started driving arount 16 years old in about '61 or '62. Back then we had three stations, now they barely have one. Looking back on those days, I thought it was fun to pump my own gas, now that I'm old(er) I'd love to have them come out and pump it for me, wash the windows and check the air in my tires, all with a smile on their faces.
2001 LE, Shale Green, Aftermarket Wheels, Shorty Antenna, AirRaid Cold Air Intake, Whelen Talons (amber/white) in front windshield, Whelen Talons (amber) in rear side windows, Tomar RECT25's (amber) and Whelen Slimlighter(amber) in back window. Kenwood TK-880H 45 Watt Mobile Radio, Antenex 3db antenna w/ NMO mount.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0PT%20Cruiser/

Ham: N9PTC
GMRS: WPQS324
Old 21 Feb 2009, 08:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Been there, done that. Small farm town in Central Michigan, many gas stations, great opportunities for high school students to start their first job. Guys, of course!! $2.00 worth of gas would fill your tank and you could drive all Friday night. I started driving leagally in 1955, been driving since I was 11 on the farm.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 21 Feb 2009, 12:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I remember geting S&H green stamps for gas, and steak knives with a fill-up!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Feb 2009, 01:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I remember thinking Mom was rich: wow, that gas is 32 cents a gallon, and Mom told the guy to go ahead and fill 'er up!
Old 21 Feb 2009, 08:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

I remember 32 cents a gallon. I had a motorcycle (off road SL70). I would scrounge for 32c so I could fill the tank and ride for a few more days.

I don't ever remember my dad filling up. But I do remember him getting $5 worth and going all week to work.

I also worked at a station one summer, but not for pay. I hung out with the sons of a station owner, and took care of the customers. I was paid with all the Dr. Pepper (in the bottle of course) and Mtn Dew I wanted.

2008 Turbo Vert

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Ben Franklin, 1706-1790
Old 22 Feb 2009, 11:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: LOVE this vert photo

I'm not talking.
I plead the 5th!
Hey Hooligan! Were those the "Good Ole Days"???

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 23 Feb 2009, 11:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

No, every day I wake up is the "Good Old Days", no dirt blanket over me!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 23 Feb 2009, 12:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

OMG Been there we didn't have the "COMPLETE UNIFORM" with the hat---- but Oh yes I was one of the ones who said a million times --------------------- How may I help you today Sir-----and really back then that was a true statement---we checked the oik, cleaned the windshield, checked the tires, and handed out Green Stamps, and man did we make some big bucks something like$ 3.25 a hour
What a difference 30 years makes
Old 23 Feb 2009, 12:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

wonder why they didn't juts plug in the GPS?????????