Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
still raining

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2009, 10:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default still raining

It seems we have been in the middle of a string of rainstorms in VA here recently but it hasnt been all bad. Certainly not the kind of weather every convertible owner wishes for but it does make me think about some things.

I've been on the 4-12 shift this week and ever since I bought my first ragtop, riding home after midnite with the top open and a cool spring or summer breeze was simply wonderful. I think I almost enjoy it as much as the sunny day drives. However rainy night like last night make me ever so thankful I bought a convertible instead of a motorcycle. With built in raingear, trunk space, heat and a/c and the added security of not falling over at a stoplight, my wife commends my choice very often.

Last night was a gentle rain,steady enough for the wipers to be on low but as I was "cruisin" home I found the whole experience to be quite soothing. My exhaust was purring along, the rythm of the wipers and sound of the rain tapping on the soft top all combined for an experience that seemed ironic to be enjoying in a convertible.

I suppose I may have deep seated love for rainy days since it was gently raining on the first day my wife and I met. She was from NY and I was from VA and we met halfway in Maryland. Before we both headed back home to our respective kids that evening, we just sat in the car, cozied up to each other while we chatted small talk and listened to the rain. I didnt have a convertible then but I'm very happy I didnt ride a motorcycle that day

So much for the rainy stories, bring on the sunny weather! Its time to get the top down
Old 17 Mar 2009, 11:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: still raining

It's been so warm and dry here in Florida that some counties are considering stopping homeowners from watering their lawns all together. They were down to once a week but that's about to change. we are still at twice a week where we are but I can see them cutting that down to once. My son, daughter-in-law and grandkids from Virginia are coming down for 8 days in the beginning of April. They're in for a bug change of weather if it's like you say it is. We are in the 80's almost everyday now.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 12:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

you know the ragtops i have had were always nice at night as welll you can see the stars and the smells I swaer you can smell what people are cooking for dinner and I know you can smell that sweet smell of the ole BBQ

I love my bike but i do find as i get older the car is a lot more user friendly to me

\
been dry here in mid missouri we need some rain starting to get way to dry for this time of year also been in the 70's????
Old 21 Mar 2009, 01:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Today proved to be little nicer, still cool weather in the low 60s but nice and sunny. I got both cars clean and shiny today and managed a short top down drive. Working 12-8 tonite and most likely some overtime in the morning so maybe the sun and temp will be nice for a topless ride home.

This is what I truly love about my cars...the ride to and from work can be almost theraputic...especially on the back shifts. Windows down, stereo playing and the low background of the exhaust rumble...such sweet music
Old 23 Mar 2009, 06:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Year to date rainfall here is down over 4" from average.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles