Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WHAT A BLAST!! TOTD ON SATURDAY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Sep 2009, 06:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default WHAT A BLAST!! TOTD ON SATURDAY!

Saturday morning I got up and joined the gang at Cars & Coffee, had a great event there but only three PT's showed. Oh well, it's the first Saturday every month so hopefully others will soon join. Lots of fantastic and outrageous cars there.

Afterwords two guys from the local Corvette club talked me into running up to Deals Gap with them to run the Tail of the Dragon. I do believe you can't possibly have more fun in a PT than running that road! I've not had that much fun in a car since High School!!!

OMG, 318 curves in 11 miles! Not the kind of curves your momma is going to take either, these are not for the faint of heart! Some are just dead switch backs. I spent more time in 2nd gear than anything else. Not only are the corners tight, but there are so many bikes and cars driving this thing that it's like an every day auto/bike fest!

I took my first run with the top up, and video recorded the run (will produce the videos later when I get them online), as it was sprinkling part of the way. After that it dried up and we had clear weather the rest of the day. Was beyond totally awesome!

Here's a pic from Cars & Coffee, then some pics from the run.

This tunnel effect can be a real killer if you're not ready for what might be around that corner!

Chasing the Vettes - and no, they couldn't lose me in the turns, but dusted me on the straights:

The bikes really slowed us down to a more reasonable speed around a lot of the curves, but these ricers were almost crawling so we eventually dusted them! Fart cans and all:

It was a beautiful day, with beautiful scenery all around, made some new friends, blew the minds of a lot of people by being able to keep up with the vettes, and just had a wonderful time. Will post my video links when I'm done with them. Next time, I'm catching a hotel room and doing two days of this, it was just too much fun to do in only a few hours.

You can view all of my pictures in my photo album at http://www.hugginsnet.com/photoalbum down on the bottom left click on the PT Cruiser, then on the TOTD album...
Old 07 Sep 2009, 06:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: WHAT A BLAST!! TOTD ON SATURDAY!

It looks like you had some fun!
Old 07 Sep 2009, 06:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Also meant to say that you can see some professional photos of my PT on this run at the following links:
PhotoReflect - MoonshinePhoto.Com
I was the last car they shot that day, so the last 15 frames are of my silver PT.

A single shot from Xtreme Sports Photography
PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography

There will be more and better photos posted by KillBoy.com in two days time. I'll update that link when it's done...
Old 07 Sep 2009, 06:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkstooth View Post
It looks like you had some fun!
Better than ANY roller coaster I've ever been on!!!

Old 07 Sep 2009, 07:26 pm
Veteran Cruiser

At some point I WILL drive that. I wanted to take my rx7 there, but never did get the chance. I doubt I would have gotten out of second gear (9,800 rpm and the car still would want to pull)

already told my mom we'll have to take a road trip up there. Me with the pt her with her Harley 1200 sportster.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Last edited by 03GTCruiser; 07 Sep 2009 at 07:29 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GTCruiser View Post
At some point I WILL drive that. I wanted to take my rx7 there, but never did get the chance. I doubt I would have gotten out of second gear (9,800 rpm and the car still would want to pull)

already told my mom we'll have to take a road trip up there. Me with the pt her with her Harley 1200 sportster.
Come up here and we schedule a tool time to install that BOV in the morning, then head up to the Dragon in the afternoon. Catch a hotel in Robbinsville or up on the Tail, then do a few laps the first day, do dinner, then take a night run (almost scarey!). Then take a couple more laps the next day and head home. Makes for a great 3 day weekend run!!!

If we schedule it in advance, I'll carry some tools up and we can do the BOV at the hotel, that way we can run up there as you'd be going out of your way to come all the way to my place. Need some rhino ramps, sockets and wrenches. Padding or a creeper helps. The BOV isn't difficult to install, just a PITA cause one bolt is ass backwards in a difficult spot and easier to get to from below.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Heh I love going to cars and coffee

8/8/09

8/22/09

8/29/09

I would love to drive that road though =P

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 07 Sep 2009 at 08:28 pm.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 08:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Slayer, those look great in that lineup! I'd say "come on and ride wit me" but you be just a weee too far west me thinks...

Oh and you might have a problem... I can't believe it but in two corners, coming back south on I-129 I actually scraped! I really thought I was hearing things, but no, I dragged bottom, and I think your PT is lower than mine...lol... gotta take those turns wider I guess....
Old 07 Sep 2009, 09:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Heh what springs do you have on yours?

Im 2.75F 3.25R
Old 07 Sep 2009, 09:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

No where near yours baby.. I've got the tame ones, H&R Sports, 1.4F and 1.2R...lol... wish I'd had a sway on the back of this thing as I actually got my ass out on a couple of corners, but then the road was a bit wet in spots... there I go again,, bitchin about the wet spots.....