Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
May get a ragtop, but need info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2009, 02:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default May get a ragtop, but need info

We are thinking of getting a vert. But is there room for 2 people in the back seat. And how big is the trunk. We have a 05 4 door and like the room, but would like to know. It will be a second car so its not going to stop us from getting one. Just would like to know. Thanks for any input you can give so.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: May get a ragtop, but need info

Journalist,

I was not a Cruiser owner to start with so I looked at a Mustang, (I've owned 2 both ragtops) a Sebring and a VW Beetle in addition to the PT. This is my primary car and I am a BIG man so my fit and comfort was primary but I also have 2 teenage boys at home and my wife did not want to be "stuck" driving the mini van anytime 4 of us went somewhere.

The VW was very comfortable for me but with the drivers seat all the way back no one would be able to sit behind me. The Mustang did not have enough room for me to feel comfortable on a long trip. (Thinking about a road trip to LA in July.) The Sebring was roomy and had a good size trunk but IMHO lacked any real style.

I find the Cruiser has pretty much everything I was looking for and nothing I didn't want. The trunk is not as roomy as a sedan but is much roomier than either the Beetle or the 'Tang. The four of us fit great and whoever is unlucky enough to sit behind me still has legroom.

Just my $.02. Your mileage may vary.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 10 Sep 2009, 07:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Your mileage will vary. Should have been Sants's comment, but as you have a PT already, you know that the mileage is about the biggest complaint. We have had 2 others and this one is our 3rd.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 10 Sep 2009, 10:57 am
Regular Cruiser

I just returned from a weekend trip with my ragtop, the trunk was stuffed full, had plenty of room for bags for two people and loads of camera and computer equipment. Don't forget, you can lay the back seats down if you need to.

Back seats are great!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 03:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I love the space in my PT. Along with the autos Santa listed above, which I tried, I also tried the Honda 2000, the VW bug, the Mini Cooper S, and several other verts. My mission was simple, or so I thought - must be a road riding car, as in comfortable on long trips as I drive a loop from NC to FL to ATL up to Indy, Chicago, NJ and back down. Needed to have a workable trunk since I'd be carrying luggage and work stuff. Needed to have a back seat "just in case".

None of the other verts could foot the bill. Mustang - fugetaboutit! Mini - no trunk at all. VW bug - trunk is too small. S2000 - 2 seater only, second runner up behind the Chrysler Crossfire - also 2 seater and tiny trunk.

Anyway, took me 6 months to get the car I wanted, and once I'd driving a GT model I had to have that. That took 2 months of my friend who owns a CJD dealership, searching for me. Found it in a 5 speed, and the love affair started. I was out today pricing getting flames painted on my PT!! Always looking at something else to modify.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 10:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by journalist1947 View Post
We are thinking of getting a vert. But is there room for 2 people in the back seat. And how big is the trunk. We have a 05 4 door and like the room, but would like to know. It will be a second car so its not going to stop us from getting one. Just would like to know. Thanks for any input you can give so.

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
Old 20 Nov 2009, 10:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzicaz789 View Post
Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

New comers are always welcome as long as they stay on topic or have something of interest to the forum in general and don't try to sell something non-PT related) to the rest of community......like in your signature.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 02:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Most USEABLE trunk space
you will ever get in a drop top.....selling my '05 GT conv. that has less than 8,500 miles...never seen rain or snow.....LOTS of extras/upgrades
Old 29 Dec 2009, 09:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

I too have no complaints with the trunk or back seat room.... car is fun ....gets alot of attention .... & when all else fails ...I use my 2009 PT sedan.....

tpsfoto@gmail.com
2005 Plum Vert GT Turbo HO
Nav, Chrome 17" Wheels 5 Speed
K&N Typhoon Air Intake, AOOgah Horn, Freedom Design Strut Tower Brace
Some chrome here & there....

2009 PT bought with Cash For Clunkers.....sold it for a
2014 Juke
Old 02 Jan 2010, 03:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Based on specs, the Cruisers' rear are tops in terms of space and this is why I'm itchin for a Cruisin.