Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A bit confused?????????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2009, 06:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default A bit confused?????????

I just bought a 05 Convertible with a 2.4 turbo Auto. I am confused because I have seen everybody saying that a GT came with traction control and rear wheel disc brakes etc...... as far as I know mine isn't a GT but I have those options!! It doesnt have the Auto/stick though?!?! on another note what a ball this little car is!!!! I already did the airbox mods(minus the TTAB mod) I have to find the right tube! or can I do this myself, by clearing out the obstruction? Anyways any info would help!
Thanks Jaimie
Old 11 Sep 2009, 07:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A bit confused?????????

Welcome studster to the Forum!! Maybe you only have a Turbo-Lite. If you look on your gas tank lid and there is NO label saying "Use Premium Gas Only" or something to that effect, you have a turbo lite. Turbo lite's use regular gas.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 11 Sep 2009, 07:16 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ya I just went out and checked nothing about premium fuel anywhere? So I have a turbo lite?!?!?! thats the 180 horse motor correct? Hmmmmmm we need to fix that problem!!!! Thanks
Old 11 Sep 2009, 07:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ok I am learning from this post. What is a auto/stick. And I did not know that the Turbos ran Premium gas.I am looking to get a vert. and most that I have seen had Turbos.There is no way I want to put premium in a little 4 banger.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 07:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Did I also see somewhere that this turbo lite comes with the larger injectors as well? So I can upgrade to the stage 1 kit no problem?
Old 11 Sep 2009, 07:59 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to fljohnboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by journalist1947 View Post
Ok I am learning from this post. What is a auto/stick. And I did not know that the Turbos ran Premium gas.I am looking to get a vert. and most that I have seen had Turbos.There is no way I want to put premium in a little 4 banger.
The autostick is an automatic transmission. You can pull the shifter down to the lowest position and shift it like a stick shift. As far as premium gas goes, some say as long as you stay out of boost regular can be used. Some say it's ok to use regular and the computer will compensate for it with a loss of horsepower. I had a Grand Prix with a supercharger and it said to use premium. I used regular most of the time and I did feel a loss of power but then I'm old and my foot isn't as heavy as was in my hay day.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 09:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgstudster1796 View Post
Did I also see somewhere that this turbo lite comes with the larger injectors as well? So I can upgrade to the stage 1 kit no problem?
Yes you can. Best info I have been told is at a website called Learn it and burn it. Mean Green or Crewzin will have more info.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 11 Sep 2009, 03:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

In 2004 all the turbo (lite and GT) came with the larger injectors. For Stage 1 all you have to do is add the computer (if you can find one).

If your into speed, that web site Hooligan was talking about is PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it. Most of the members of that forum are into speed and getting as much out of the PT as possible.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 06:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgstudster1796 View Post
I just bought a 05 Convertible with a 2.4 turbo Auto. I am confused because I have seen everybody saying that a GT came with traction control and rear wheel disc brakes etc...... as far as I know mine isn't a GT but I have those options!! It doesnt have the Auto/stick though?!?! on another note what a ball this little car is!!!! I already did the airbox mods(minus the TTAB mod) I have to find the right tube! or can I do this myself, by clearing out the obstruction? Anyways any info would help!
Thanks Jaimie
Was an option on the Touring turbos,

Is your blue with black top???
Old 13 Sep 2009, 04:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNT View Post
Was an option on the Touring turbos,

Is your blue with black top???
ya it is a dark deep blue with a black top!!