Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
05 Convertible Headrests question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 05 Convertible Headrests question

I searched and only found a couple of posts related to the headrests. Is it possible to remove the headrest? I would like to put seat covers over my seats. Between the head rests and the runner for the seat belt, it's looking like it may be difficult to find covers that really work. When I press the button, the headrest will slide up about 5 notches, but it doesn't look like it'll come out. I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 03:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 05 Convertible Headrests question

I believe that you can pull them right out, I haven't tried it myself.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 17 Sep 2009, 08:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 05 Convertible Headrests question

Yep, there's a little locking tab on each headrest, you depress that until you have the hr all the way out. Piece of cake. Then you're just left with two ugly holes in your seats.... just press that button again once they are extended all the way, that will release them... might have to let the seat fold forward if you don't have room between the HR and the roof.