Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need help finding parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Sep 2009, 07:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Need help finding parts

trying to give my new 2005 convertible a little TLC. Can't find these parts online, will I have to go to the dealer?

The window scraper/weather strip/black rubber thing on the door/window. Looks like the previous owner used some harsh chemical to clean it and ruined the finish on passenger one

Or can anyone tell me if is possible to restore the finish?
also the Interior Sun visors, every single hit is for that exterior sun visor

Thanks for the help
Old 19 Sep 2009, 07:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Need help finding parts

Per the parts catalog, there are several visor options - with mirror, without mirror, with light, without light, etc. Both sides or just passenger???

As to that beltline trim, why not just order the chrome kit from Race & Street and cover it?? I'm sure there's a way to refinish that, but they all get fugly over time.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 07:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

OK, I'm pretty new at the PT Cruiser world. 4 days and counting. What parts catalog, where??

With mirror and light and just the passenger side

Chrome kit mmmmmm not a bad idea
Old 19 Sep 2009, 07:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I've got all the parts catalogs, service manuals, TSB's, recalls, notices, complaints, you name it. Will PM you about that.

As to your visor, you might be able to find them cheaper, but WeRMopar.com has a pretty good price, $20 each. I don't think they come with the vanity mirrors though. Not sure about that, you might call them to find out.

To find your car, hit their site www.wermopar.com then enter your year, make and model, then go down to Roof > Interior Trim > Visor > Slate Gray... or the other color, whatever floats your boat.

Here's a screen shot from their site:

Old 19 Sep 2009, 08:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The chrome curb strips are not cheap, but in my opinion they were worth it. That black trim piece on mine was just ugly and keeping it clean sucked.

Here's the link to them at Race & Street, you should meet Maggie there, she is a fabulous person to work with. Usually she can find lots of items that others can't.
PT Cruiser Curb Strips - Convertible (5pc): Race and Street

Here's mine with it installed:

Old 22 Sep 2009, 12:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Dealer is not a bad idea. I got some for my dad, its little expensive but he is happy with the performance and quality. All the best.
Old 26 Nov 2009, 02:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

I am wondering what everyone gets with their non-turbo convertibles? My 2001 Limited gets 26.5 mpg highway, and I was hoping the convertible gets at least that much. DC claims 29mpg, so technically the car should get very close to that, or you'd think Chrysler would get into some sort of legal problems, but thats another matter altogether.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 12:20 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_master008 View Post
Dealer is not a bad idea. I got some for my dad, its little expensive but he is happy with the performance and quality. All the best.
I starting to like this forum. Now if Tiger Woods can say out of trouble maybe I will get some work done.