Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2007 Pt Conver.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2009, 07:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 2007 Pt Conver.

I HAVE A 2007 PT CONVERTABLE AND WHEN I SHUT IT OFF THE FAN KEEPS RUNNING. SOME TIMES IT SHUTS OFF BUT TONIGHT IT HAS RUN FOR OVER A HOUR. I HAD TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY (NEW ONE )TO SHUT THE FAN DOWN. what's with that ?
Old 01 Oct 2009, 07:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2007 Pt Conver.

Welcome.
They must've changed things after '05 - mine always shuts off with key.
How is temp gauge? On half-way in green?
I don't know what would cause that.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Oct 2009, 07:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi,
I just got a new battery last week And it has been running fine. Sometimes when I shut off the car a fan keeps runing. Strange as it seems tonight it kept running for over ahour. I had to disconnect the battery . Love the car but when a girl walks into a shop they know you don't know anything about cars and the bill just gets bigger.The temp, gauge is normal. If you have some answers it would help when I take it in to the shop.
Old 01 Oct 2009, 07:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just guessing here. There's a fan relay on the fan itself on the newer (06-10) cruisers. A lot easier on the older models but if you can get to the relay (I believe it's on the driver side of the fan housing towards the engine side) take the relay off/out and see if it stops the fan.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Oct 2009, 08:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wouldn't still have warranty, would you? It sounds like computer problem - if temp is okay, fan should go off when you shut engine off - the fan can come on even when temp gauge is okay, because fan keeps temp from rising, but when you shut off, and temp is okay, fan should go off, and a computer glitch is best w/dealer.
I hope others chime in.
Old 01 Oct 2009, 08:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome Doggy, I have to agree with the others, dealer. Is this why you had to get a new battery. If so, it should have had some warranty on the battery as well.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Oct 2009, 08:44 pm
Young Cruiser

yah thats very odd. im going to have to say it sounds like a relay.

computer SHOULD shut off when the key is out of the ignition.

Enkei WDM Rims, Falken Ze-19 Tires, Flowmaster Super 44, K&N Cold Air Intake, AirRaid Throttle Body, XEON Head Lights, Crunch 1100Watt Sub Amp Running Two 12' 1200watt Square Hifonics Brutus Subwoofers, 900Watt Crunch Highs Amp Running 12 Power Acustik Speakers. Pioneer head unit