Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New guy here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2010, 02:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New guy here

Hello everyone! Found this forum doing a search. I'm the proud owner of an '05 convertible, touring edition, turbo. I have yet to lower the top, being i bough the car 2 months ago, and the weather has been less than cooperative But I can't wait! Now work has been done to it..yet. I'm thinking my first project will be the stereo system. While the factory system is pretty good, I want something that's going to get noticed. I'll have to post up in the audio section for some ideas (unless someone comments here). Check out the pic attached and feel free to comment.
I look forward to interacting with everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt.jpg (36.6 KB, 39 views)
Old 24 Jan 2010, 06:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: New guy here

Welcome to the forum. You can find great advice and info on this forum; the members are really helpful.

I installed an Alpine deck in my 05 GT convertible with front and rear Alpine speakers with a Rockford Fosgate amp under my seat, and it rocks! I also have two 10" Cerwin Vega subs in the trunk. Tried a 15" sub originally, but the bass didn't sound as crisp as the two 10" subs and was too "boomy". The easiest way to install an aftermarket stereo is to purchase an install dash kit to hold the new stereo in the dash, and a wire connector harness made for PT cruisers. Both can be purchased at Walmart or ebay. Just plug in the new aftermarket stereo and antennae. Also, if you ever put the original deck in, all you will need to do is plug in the harness connector to the original deck.

Cheers and good luck!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 07:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum, 05Cruizer. As you can see most questions will be answered quickly. IF you fill in your profile, we'll know where you are located and maybe someone local will be able to help if you need it.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 25 Jan 2010, 11:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
New Yawk? (plate on front in pic).
May be a while for top-down weather....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Jan 2010, 11:53 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: New guy here

Hey their 05Cruizer,

Welcome to the Forum! As already mentioned, this place is full of great people always more than happy to lend a helping hand, or try to help figure out anything for a fellow Cruiser in need!

As for feeling that need to stand out in the Audio / Video Department, I totally feel you! Here has been my cure for my hard top PT thus far which probably won't be of much use to you with your Vert but....

And here are a few more ideas from my PT Photo Archive's Audio/Video Section. In fact, this is the total reason I put the Photo Archive together was to help people get ideas for various things from audio, to custom paint, interior, body mods, and more. It has been of great help to many other people, and maybe it might hopefully be of some help to you as well. It is interesting to see what others have done anyway. Here is the Link to the Audio section, and if you ever would like to see more, the Link to the main page is always at the bottom of every one of my posts. Just click on the Link to see more audio ideas, and layouts.

PT AUDIO VIDEO SYSTEMS pictures by WestValleyCruisersPTCruiserArchives - Photobucket

Again welcome to the Forum, go easy, and I hope to see you around.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 25 Jan 2010, 01:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Welcome.
New Yawk? (plate on front in pic).
May be a while for top-down weather....
Actually, I live in Pennsylvania, just a huge fan of the Yanks
Thanks for the welcome everyone! (i'll be updating my profile shortly)
Old 26 Jan 2010, 08:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Cruizer View Post
Actually, I live in Pennsylvania, just a huge fan of the Yanks
Thanks for the welcome everyone! (i'll be updating my profile shortly)
You're due West of me - you won't have top down for a while...
Old 27 Jan 2010, 12:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Cruizer View Post
I have yet to lower the top, being i bough the car 2 months ago, and the weather has been less than cooperative But I can't wait!
Had my top down a couple days ago... Ah life in the Carolinas.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 08 Mar 2010, 08:11 am
Young Cruiser

Hi...I live in Beech Mtn. 7 months of the year. Do you know of any PT cruiser convertible turbo's in nice condition...up your way. Am new to forum and do not own one yet.
Wayne
My email address is wayne@waynedunham.us.
Old 08 Mar 2010, 08:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneman View Post
Hi...I live in Beech Mtn. 7 months of the year. Do you know of any PT cruiser convertible turbo's in nice condition...up your way. Am new to forum and do not own one yet.
Wayne
My email address is wayne@waynedunham.us.
Craigslist
Autotrader

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles