Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Crusier Convertible Info. requested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Mar 2010, 06:06 pm
Young Cruiser

Default PT Crusier Convertible Info. requested

Hi, can you folks help me out? I just registered today and know nothing about PT Crusiers. I test drove an '05 turbo convertible with automatic.. at a Dealers today... I liked it...but it was not in very good shape.. so I am not interested.
I am in Cocoa, Florida now and stay here during the winter. However, I would like to have a PT Crusier Convertible to leave up at our NC home in Beech Mountain. The elevation there is over 5,000 ft. and I want to be sure the PT would be peppy enough.
1. Should I buy manual instead of an automatic because of the steep climbs?
2. I saw a yellow PT on a dealers lot in the 4 door...but I want a convertible...are there only certain years only that the "yellow" is avaiblabe in the convertible model?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Wayne
Old 08 Mar 2010, 08:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PT Crusier Convertible Info. requested

I suggest you get a turbo - the turbo "lite" uses regular gas, and a turbo compensates for altitude. The GT turbo has more power still, but requires premium gas.
If you don't mind a manual, that's the way to got, but they are much harder to find.
Yes, yellow was a later color.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 08 Mar 2010, 08:22 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I suggest you get a turbo - the turbo "lite" uses regular gas, and a turbo compensates for altitude. The GT turbo has more power still, but requires premium gas.
If you don't mind a manual, that's the way to got, but they are much harder to find.
Yes, yellow was a later color.
Thanks, can you tell me if the GT Turbo is available in a convertible and what model years it was made?
Wayne
Old 08 Mar 2010, 08:57 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to fljohnboy

I have a 2005 GT Convertible for sale. It should still be in here in he classified. Mine is an automatic autostick. Lots of power. Email me if interested fljohnboy@aol.com I'm about 200 miles west of you in soutwest Florida
Old 08 Mar 2010, 11:08 am
Young Cruiser

Hi can you give me some photos, mileage, price etc? Any additional info...is it a turbo....definately iterested in a Turbo.
Old 08 Mar 2010, 01:16 pm
Young Cruiser

2005 GT vert, 65k miles, leather interior, 17" chrome wheels. Automatic autostick, air, Kenwood stereo with USB and IPOD jack, cruise, power windows/mirrors/locks, remote, high output turbo engine, color is blue metallic. Price is $9200. If you're interested write me at fljohnboy@aol.com

Old 08 Mar 2010, 09:57 pm
Young Cruiser

[QUOTE=quicksilverdon;294451]I suggest you get a turbo - the turbo "lite" uses regular gas, and a turbo compensates for altitude. The GT turbo has more power still, but requires premium gas.
Yes, yellow was a later color.[/QUOT)

When you say manual...do you mean the GT Turbo with the auto/stick combination?
Old 08 Mar 2010, 10:23 pm
Young Cruiser

A manual is a stick shift that has a clutch. In 2005 there is a straight automatic like most cars. There is an optional automatic that has an autostick. This means you can drive the car full auto or shift it like a manual.
Also, premium fuel is not a requirement but it is recommended.
Old 09 Mar 2010, 07:41 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I drove an 05 GT Convertible yesterday that had the autostick. I noticed that when it was in automatic and I was doing probably 30 miles an hour...it had a fair amount of sway or movement from side to side when I hit the "passing gear". Is that normal? Didn't seem to hold the road too tight.
Anyway, thinking about buying it....it has about 30,000 miles and is in decent shape....he wants $10,000....think that's a decent price???
Appreciate your feedback.
Wayne