Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just bought 2005 Inferno Gt PT convertible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2010, 10:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Just bought 2005 Inferno Gt PT convertible

I am looking for a solution to the wind in the back seat of my convertible. I know there are wind screens for the wind to the front seat but is there: a way to cut down on the wind whipping around the rear passengers. My daughter does not like riding with the top down because of this problem.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 10:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Just bought 2005 Inferno Gt PT convertible

Welcome to the forum. I moved your question over to the convertible section as those owners would have a better idea how to solve your problem.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 07:53 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Just bought 2005 Inferno Gt PT convertible

Side windows up will help if at higher speed, travelling at lower speed when not in a hurry will help where possible. I have asked and been told the factory spoiler seen on a few cars does not help with interior drafts. The alleged purpose of the hoop bar is to help with wind management, but the back seat is windy on these cars, it's one of my few complaints with the car, and a result of not having a long trunk to move the pressure wave back away from the interior. You can have the top up while traveling between towns and top down in town as a compromise to keep everybody happy.