Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Things to check out before original factory warranty expires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2010, 10:13 am
Young Cruiser

Default Things to check out before original factory warranty expires

I went to pick up the '06 GT Convertible Cruiser yesterday, that I bought two weeks ago. When I got home I checked with a dealer about an extended warranty, prices, etc. I have approx 14,000 miles on the car now.
I found out my Original Date of Service on the vehicle was 8/20/07...so I still have the Manufactors warranty until the 20th of next August.
I plan to take it to a Chryser Dealer locally to have everything checked out before the warranty expires.
Would appreciate any feed-back as to what I should definately have checked out while I still have the warranty available to me.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 11:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Things to check out before original factory warranty expires

With 14,000 miles, there's nothing that'd go under warranty.
You'll need plugs & wires, but that's not warranty.
Hope you're putting synthetic oil in that GT!

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Mar 2010, 02:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The dealer is still going to charge you the going hourly rate which is somewhere around $90 per hour to check everything out. If you have a trusted mechanic somewhere else he/she can do the same for a lot less. If not, ask around and try and find one.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 03:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
The dealer is still going to charge you the going hourly rate which is somewhere around $90 per hour to check everything out. If you have a trusted mechanic somewhere else he/she can do the same for a lot less. If not, ask around and try and find one.
While I agree with crewzin about the $$ of a dealer vs. an independent mechanic, it is important to build a relationship with a dealer, especially if you are going to buy a factory service plan. My dealer found a leaking oil sending unit during an oil change which was covered under warranty.

I'd drive it and enjoy it but pay attention to how things are working. You have until August but I would not wait to buy an extended warranty.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 29 Mar 2010, 08:07 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks, yes I am going to get the oil changed this week with Mobile One sythetic oil.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 08:11 pm
Young Cruiser

Jac, why do you say...you would not wait to buy the extended warranty? There is "0" deductible until the warranty expires. I thought that I would get an extended warranty about 2 weeks before it expires...
Old 29 Mar 2010, 11:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneman View Post
Jac, why do you say...you would not wait to buy the extended warranty? There is "0" deductible until the warranty expires. I thought that I would get an extended warranty about 2 weeks before it expires...
It costs no more or less to get it now and if you choose a plan with a rental car, you get that during 0 deduct warranty repairs. I've already used a rental twice.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.