Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
OBD MONITOR READINESS STATUS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2010, 10:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default OBD MONITOR READINESS STATUS

Went for my NYS inspection the other day and my 05 GT would not pass. The obd readiness status said: Catalyst- not ready & oxygen sensor- not ready. My mechanic said to drive it for a few days. I have put on about 400 miles and the same results. Car was not used all winter, but I did start her up during that period. Passed last year no problem, put new battery in a year ago. I do not know how long this condition has been around since there was no need to test it prior to this years inspection. Any one had similar problem ? Any kown cure short of going to the dealer.

Last edited by CRUSAIR; 08 Apr 2010 at 10:16 pm. Reason: bad spelling !!!
Old 05 May 2010, 06:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: OBD MONITOR READINESS STATUS

After more then 1000 miles since the last post, I still can't clear the readiness status...so today I took it to the dealer. Says it could be the pcm is bad. Here I sit and wait for that dreaded phone call $$$$
Old 06 May 2010, 08:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I did have it on my son's '98 Sebring - because battery had completely died - it came back after driving a while.
If your PCM is bad, mention that it is part of the emissions - it should be covered under federal emissions warranty

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 07 May 2010, 08:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Problem fixed...Good or another year

The Crusair passed it's NYS inspectiion today at the dealership in Hicksville, NY
Dealer said trick was to drive the car on the hway at 55 mph with the cruise control set, He did it, and it passed right away with the OBD set.
Total cost for reinspection $18.50

One happy cruiser here !!!
Old 08 May 2010, 12:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSAIR View Post
Problem fixed...Good or another year

The Crusair passed it's NYS inspectiion today at the dealership in Hicksville, NY
Dealer said trick was to drive the car on the hway at 55 mph with the cruise control set, He did it, and it passed right away with the OBD set.
Total cost for reinspection $18.50

One happy cruiser here !!!
I still believe that it pays to have a good relationship with your local dealer. This is an example.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 08 May 2010, 06:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Santa, I agree, we have been dealing with this dealer for over 1o years with other cars we own.

I also told him about the "clunk" noise I was getting from the rt. side sometimes, I thought it was a suspension item, he adjusted the convert. locking hatch and lubed the door hinges which made a similar sound to the klunk...no more klunk

Total cost for this adjustment $0.00...NICE

Grand Prix Chrysler/Subaru
Hicksville NY
Old 08 May 2010, 07:48 am
Cool Cruiser

When I bought my Sleigh last August I bought it from Car Max. It only had 4,400 miles on it and factory warranty until March. I had a few small warranty repairs I needed to have done.

We live equidistant between 2 Chrysler Dealers. Crown in Greensboro is part of a large chain located out of state and Ilderton in High Point is a locally owned family store that's been around since 1926.

Since I grew up around dealerships, I went with the little guy. I have never regretted it and they have since earned all the service work on my PT.

Santa's Sleigh - 2006 Touring Edition, Chrome Door Spears, Chrome Door Handle and Trunk Cups, 1950's Chrysler Grille Emblem, Engine Modesty Cover, Pin Striped Manifold, Chrome Washer Covers, Chrome Antenna Bezel, Chrome Gas Door, K&N Drop-in Filter, Chrome Exhaust Extention.

Old 08 May 2010, 09:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Santa
Nice looking sled, I am trying to puplooad some pics of my "Blue Thunder: but keep getting error messages
Old 06 Oct 2010, 12:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks so much for your post. I just had same problem with my OBD here in CA. I drove 55 mph with cruise control set for about 20 miles(not a safe thing to do,but I did it at 1:30am) and it worked. You save my ass!
Thanks Again,
Rivet
Old 06 Oct 2010, 05:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Rivit

Great, I am very glad that it worked for you. Sometimes the dealers know the right trick.

Enjoy

Kenny "Crusair"