Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 2005 Convertible top/drivers windows not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Sep 2010, 04:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 2005 2005 Convertible top/drivers windows not working

Hey everyone, I replaced the battery in my 2005 PT convertible yesterday and the rag top wont retract and the drivers windows wont work.
The passenger windows work fine and when I hit the button to put the top down, the passenger windows drop but the top doesn't do anything.
I checked several forums today, then went and checked the 40A and 20A fuss under the hood, they were not blown, and the 20A circuit breaker on the inside.
Still doesn't work....anyone have any ideas what I could be missing?
I've heard that there is an occasional problem with the window regulator modules on some '05 models and they have to flash reprogramthe PCM software, does that sound familiar to anyone?
Old 05 Sep 2010, 07:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 2005 Convertible top/drivers windows not working

Yes, I've heard of that problem but forget what the answer was. I moved your post over to the convertible part of the forum and hopefully a Vert owner will come along to help yo out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 05 Sep 2010, 10:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey never mind...I swear this car's gonna give me a stroke...every time I think there's a problem that's gonna cost me about eleventy-thousand dollars, all I have to do is disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes and it's as good as new again!!! YAYYYY!!! Now that everything works right again, I can still say that this is one of the funnest cars I've ever had!!!
Old 06 Sep 2010, 04:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I was going to suggest that but since it started with changing the battery I didn't think that would any affect. That simple thing cures so many ills. It's like rebooting my computer when something isn't going right. Strange.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yea, based on the fact that it did start with the battery, I didn't think that was going to work either, but then I saw the monsoon rain clouds coming in from the south last night and figured I didn't have anything to lose by trying it.
I'd already gathered the materials I needed to hermetically seal up my car, but figured I'd at least try it once.
Good thing it worked, I don't know how much I would have gotten charged at the dealer, but I get chest pains just thinking about it....

BTW...I like your home page, sweet PT....why not put a NOS tank in your KIA? Be able to get the grandkids to school a lot faster......

Last edited by rabidaardvark; 06 Sep 2010 at 12:34 pm.
Old 06 Sep 2010, 03:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My son will hardly let me reach the speed limit when he and the Grandkids are in the car. If he's not there, the kids themselves would squeal on me if "Pop Pop" goes too fast.

Thanks for the kudo's on the home page.

Old 08 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

LOL...I was hoping to be able to work my convertible PT up to a few mods, etc., but when I decided to take it to the dealer and have the computer memory flashed due to the problem I had, I found out I still have the extended warranty on it until 2014!!! Seems like anything that I do to it, aside from just driving it, will probably void the warranty i guess...