PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Newbie with a vertie! And some questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2011, 02:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Purevil
Talking Newbie with a vertie! And some questions!

I recently got a hold of a 2005, pretty blue PT cruiser convertible. Just under 28,500 miles on it. [Do i dare mention the SAVORY deal I got on it from the car place?] XD

I love it, had never driven one before but it's so smooth I can't wait for some warm weather to go top down!

Questions:

What's the deal with the windshield wiper fluid? I hear it running when I pull the lever, but no fluid comes out, the reservoir has fluid in it. But nadda and I have to take a grill piece cover from over it to get to the actual reservoir. Now it's been cold here.... just snowed yesterday in fact ..is it possible the lines are frozen a bit? The actual piece the fluid comes from is clear of debris.

My second question... the beautiful top... what should I treat it with? And how often? The snow slid right off this morning but my family is all in a panic over rain soaking through it. Would it be smart to try to cover it in the rain? Or is treating it good enough?

Also once the weather gets warm, I plan on washing the salt off my car [tomorrow if I can get away with it ] and am curious about waxing and that kind of thing to keep the car nice and shiny and pretty [i never got to actually have a nice nice nice car before and i want to keep it sweet looking!] So I'm open to suggestions.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 03:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Newbie with a vertie! And some questions!

Welcome to the Forum!!!
I don't have a vert, but from what I gather from here, you don't have to cover it, and it can be treated when dry.
It is possible that the lines are frozen or the orifice is plugged. The one (drivers side) on our 2008 didn't spray and I felt up under the hood cover and the end was broken off, so I replaced it with a new one.
Good luck and congratulations on your PT, you know we are going to want to see pictures of it!!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Feb 2011, 06:43 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.You can treat your top with a product called Ragg Topp or 303 water proofer.As far as wax goes I highly recommend Meguiars NXT generation tech wax.It goes on and comes off easily and leaves a great shine.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 07:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Willing to bet that at least one of the sprayers is broken; I've been through several sets already. If neither is spraying, it's probably the passenger side that's broken...
Old 22 Feb 2011, 08:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Congratulations on your new little cruiser, I know you'll enjoy her! Would love to see pictures.

Sorry I can't help with your problem

Karen and Lil' Nilla
Old 22 Feb 2011, 10:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks you for the gratsies and welcomes!~ AND I will definately get some pictures up [as soon as I can get the salt off my car! Stupid winter, stupid salt, stupid winter] No custom paint jobs though. I'm not that good. But I do love my vertie and how it handles when I drive.

When the weathers warmer and dryer tomorrow I'm going to pop the hood and see if I can get the cover off where the reservoir is hiding. There's nothing leaking when I try to run the wiper fluid. So I don't think it's a busted hose. Possibly frozen up with the stupid 30 degree cold weather

I'll see if I can find the Ragg Topp or 303 water proofer. My sisters boyfriend works for an auto parts store so its easy to text him and say hey i need this this and this

Will have to wait till it's a bit warmer to wash and wax it. My kid is volunteering in hopes he gets paid for it XD How often should I treat the top? Water beads up on it but the dealership I got it from couldn't tell me when it was treated last, IE they have no clue how long ago that was.

also my baby is the touring edition with the turbo engine ♥

Last edited by Purevil; 22 Feb 2011 at 10:34 pm. Reason: I suck at spelling
Old 23 Feb 2011, 02:32 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car.

Two very important pieces of advice;

Do NOT boost in fourth gear.

Use ONLY synthetic oil for your oil changes. I personally use Mobil 1.

-Freddy
Old 23 Feb 2011, 03:59 am
Regular Cruiser

Check the actual sprayers themselves; the plastic tends to break right where the hose meets the sprayer. Each time mine broke, I also didn't see any leaking, just one or both not spraying.

BTW; good luck with the car...
Old 23 Feb 2011, 07:39 am
Cool Cruiser

Welcome to the fourm, heat from the turbo causes the nozzels to get brittle and break. Had to replace mine already. It will sound like it is sparying but nothing will hit the windshield or it will just dribble out of the nozzel. Could be one or both, mine was the drivers side. Just pull back the pad under the bottom side of the hood some and you will see if it is broke, just be careful with the fasteners for the pad they tend to get brittle also. They are about $15.00 or so a piece at the dealer.
K & N Drop In, MSD 8.5 MM Wires, Hood Scoops, MOPAR Rear Spoiler, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge, MOPAR Stage 1 Upgrade, AMX Intake Pipe, 225/50/16 Cooper Zeon RS3-A Tires on MB 16 X 7 Alpina Rims with MOPAR logo, Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Air Box Oil Catch Can, GTS Head Light Covers, Cover Craft Front End Mask. "Coming Soon" AMX Intercooler Pipes, B Woody Mounts, Strut Bar, MOPAR Ground Effects Kit, Gold Line 2" Lowering Springs, KYB G2 Struts & Shocks, GT Instrument Cluster, Auto Stick Conversion
My Other Rides:
1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 340 Auto Sassy Grass Green Numbers Matching with Air Grabber
2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4X4 4.7L Auto Flame Red Stage 1 Jet Performance Chip, K & N
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition 4X4 4.0L Auto Inferno Red
Old 23 Feb 2011, 10:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car.

Two very important pieces of advice;

Do NOT boost in fourth gear.

Use ONLY synthetic oil for your oil changes. I personally use Mobil 1.

-Freddy
Heh I got an automatic... a sin I know but I never learned to drive a stick! Or is there some trick to making the car go turbo I have yet to learn?

I was using synthetics in my last car and it ran fantastic until the transmission died

Found a post candyman had done about treating the top of the car with raggtopp.... definately going to need a warm day for it. it hasn't even hit 30 degrees here yet. And its almost 11 am.

There's an auto parts store up the street, since my sisters boyfriend works there I may just have him do it. Fix my sprayers I mean. Come on spring!!

Tags
convertible treatment, new owner, washer fluid