PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Excited! And a mod question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2011, 08:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Purevil
Cool Excited! And a mod question

I finally ordered the wolfenstein stuff to treat my top with, and I can't wait for warmer weather!

I was thinking of changing out the top color later on in the year, can that be done?

And how easy is it to remove the gear changer? Mine is an automatic but I am shopping around to find a new one but if it's a tool to remove then I might wait a bit.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 12:55 pm
Banned

Default Re: Excited! And a mod question

Go to an upholstery shop and ask them how much it would be to redye the top a differant color as opposed to installing a new top in a differant color.

Yes, almost anything you do to any car will require a tool.

Jerry
Old 26 Feb 2011, 01:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post

Yes, almost anything you do to any car will require a tool.

Jerry
Good one Jerry.

No, its pretty easy to remove the shift knob (usually one screw depending on the year of your PT, but a different story if you want to replace the whole shifter.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 07:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Purevil

Managed to get myself in an odd position to look at the underside of my shifter knob [my boyfriend later told me to use a mirror to check it next time So yeah NOW he tells me ] and it is only one little screw. I only wanted to replace the knob. Now to find the piece I want!
Old 27 Feb 2011, 11:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had some warranty work done on my vert top, if you lower it and go to the back of the car, then look at the leading edge where the plastic cover screws to the top retainer, you might also find some broken screw holes like I had.

Now, just to pull that plastic piece off took the body shop guy two hours, and he's done more than a dozen now. He told me the removal and replacement of that top takes easily 8 hours and two people to do and he said he would wish that on no one. Convinced me to stop playing around with the thought of changing mine out....