Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Nasty violent wreck last week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Feb 2011, 11:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Nasty violent wreck last week

Taking my daughter to school last week, had some idiot cut me off then slam on her brakes in front of me. Tried to miss her by jinking to the left, but going downhill on a bend to the right and the back end of the car came whipping around. Smashed into the curb, went airborne on 3 of four tires, hit the grass and up on the driver's side wheels, slid into short barbed wire fence then slammed back onto all fours. Left front tire was hanging over a pond over a 20 foot drop, front and left rear wheels smashed...

Today I'm fine, daughter is fine, but I'm sore from head to toe. Car, on the other hand, is not so fine... >1000 hours I've spent on this car, my wife calls her my mistress for all the hours I spent on it... sigh.... glad we're okay, but still.... when it rains, it poors!

Just a few photos:

The rest you can find here on my facebook account:
Login | Facebook
Old 27 Feb 2011, 11:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Nasty violent wreck last week

Well, had the claims adjuster out to look at the car and the accident site. I am shocked by the minor amount of damage to the car. Can't believe how well this stood up to the slam bang theater.

Three wheels destroyed, all four tires, intercooler, and some minor body work on the under carriage and the rocker panel on the driver's side. Course the nose was torn almost all the way off when we backed it off that fence, and it was flat on the ground with front tires dead.

However, going over there in the morning when they get it up on the rack to see if there is anything else, but so far we've seen nothing else. One bent bracket on the left rear, that's all. Damn glad I was in a PT I guess....
Old 27 Feb 2011, 11:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Glad to hear the damage is'nt too bad.Also glad to hear everyone is ok.On the bright side tough,now you wont have to pay for new tires and it might be a good time to get the PTeazer front end.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 11:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

well since it's not that bad, i hope she get's well soon.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 11:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Nasty violent wreck last week

glad to hear you and your daughter are doing well,and I'm glad you were in a pt also.Any other car may have come out worse.from the way you describe the damage it sounds repairable i sure hope so,and hope it will run as good as it has been running or better.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 12:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Taggert_LOA

if ya need a stock intercooler robin, let me know i have two in stock.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 03:50 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Looking for a front end?

Glad to see you guys are alright and that the car is salvageable. When I launched mine it ran perfectly fine for about 4 months. Which in that time I should have inspected it...
I was happy to still have a warranty
Old 28 Feb 2011, 09:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Purevil

I always tell my family, it's not my driving you have to worry about, it's all the other *insert nasty words here* on the road!

I don't wreck my car, they do!

Glad you and the little one are ok! The safety rating on the PT cruisers [yes even the verties] are pretty damn good. Which shouldn't be shocking considering the built in rollbar these things have. Had that been any other car then it would probably have been junked. Good luck getting it fixed~
here has a cookie!
Old 28 Feb 2011, 09:33 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Well, had the claims adjuster out to look at the car and the accident site. [I am shocked by the minor amount of damage to the car. Can't believe how well this stood up to the slam bang theater.

Three wheels destroyed, all four tires, intercooler, and some minor body work on the under carriage and the rocker panel on the driver's side. Course the nose was torn almost all the way off when we backed it off that fence, and it was flat on the ground with front tires dead.

However, going over there in the morning when they get it up on the rack to see if there is anything else, but so far we've seen nothing else. One bent bracket on the left rear, that's all. Damn glad I was in a PT I guess....
Yeah it's funny how that is.

I had a nasty wreck in a Chevy Tracker a couple years back, spun it around 180, flipped it on it's side and slid into an embankment. Now that was a tiny SUV about the same size and weight as a Cruiser, but the resulting damage was...ummm... unimpressive.

Probably because the damage was all due to sliding and not impact, but still. When showing the pics to my buddies, there was a collective boredom.

My broken shoulder was probably the most impressive thing about the crash...

2005 Dreamcruiser Series 4 Convertible. Deep Lava Red (not the plum color) with matching top. Infinity sound, two tone leather, High Output Turbo

2002 Durango 5.9 R/T. Cherry Red. Full time AWD, Infinity Sound, K&N intake.

Last edited by QuarterFlash; 28 Feb 2011 at 09:35 am.
Old 28 Feb 2011, 10:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Hope the 'mistress' gets well right quick. Glad her beauty wasn't too diminished As Fernando used to say (SNL) " it's better to look good than to feel good "

You say you were a bit stiff and sore the next day, how was your little girl?

cheers

Karen and Lil' Nilla

Last edited by chintzgirl; 28 Feb 2011 at 10:12 am.