PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Top does not go all the way down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2011, 12:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Top does not go all the way down

Hi,
I just inherited my wifes 2006 PT convertible. The top does not go all the way down and I cannot see out the rear view behind me when it is down. Is there anyway to fix this? I loosened the screw in the trunk to see if too much pressure but, that did not work. thanks and have a great day.
Cheers
Tim
Old 06 Mar 2011, 08:20 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Top does not go all the way down

Are you sure it's not going down all the way; sorry if this sounds stupid; but when I first got mine; I though the top maybe wasn't retracting all the way down; as it still "stuck up" about a foot. For us shorter folks it does sometimes make it a bit difficult to see out the back; but this appears to be normal.
Take a look at the pictures for this e-bay listing.

Chrysler : PT Cruiser - eBay (item 370488021480 end time Mar-27-11 21:10:07 PDT)
Old 06 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi,
Thank you or the response. I am not vertically challenged as I a 6'4". hahaha. But, it seems the last fold does not sit down behind the back seat head rests. It looks like the back is down but, the other piece in front seems to sit high. Thanks. any other suggestions would be helpful.
Cheers
Tim
Old 06 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gotta agree with Delrosen as the first time I saw my friends Vert, it looked like the top hadn't gone all the way down. It does stick up above the rear head rests and the only way it goes down a little bit more is when it's forced down by the top cover.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Mar 2011, 01:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hi,
I found the video of the 2006 pt cruiser lower top. it seems the first part closest to the driver was folding the other way and stricking up. I just pushed it up a little with my hand and now it seats itself well and I can see. Thanks for all your help. These little things are what makes it special..hahahaha. going to start modding soon. Have to man it up a little since my wife had it. Thanks for your help.
Tim
Old 06 Mar 2011, 07:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You should also notice that there is a stopping point when lowering the roof, then one detent past that which allows the top to drop about 1" lower. My top had problems but it was catching on the piece of trim over the trunk.