Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Top Removal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2011, 12:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 PT Top Removal

Some lowlife slit a whole in the top of our car (3"). I talked to the upholstry shop and they told me they woud fix it for free if I brought the roof down to them off the car.

Where do I start with the removal? and has anyone done this before that has some tips? I'm assuming I'm going to remove the roof completely.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Top Removal

I'm obviously assuming you're talking about a convertible??? Just thought I'd ask...lol...

I haven't tried to take mine off, too much work in my opinion...
Old 22 Mar 2011, 04:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

If you have comprehensive insurance on the car, I would eat the deductable and have a claim field and a new top installed.

something tells me that removing it and then reinstalling yourself will be a lot of work.

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 22 Mar 2011, 06:07 pm
Banned

Why do you think they wanted you to remove AND replace the top? Lets just say that removing and espeacially reinstalling the top on a PT is challenging to say the least. You are unfortunantlly finding yourself in the position that requires you to bite the bullet and have this done professionally. As with any car with a damaged top, you need to have a pro do this. LOTS of cars have tops that are tough to work with and the PT is in that group.

Jerry
Old 05 Apr 2011, 02:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

I know how you feel, because a couple Weeks ago, some LOWLIFE Broke into my Cruiser and not only Stole EVERYTHING, but Trashed my Interior, they even Busted out my Gauges and all, but Luckily, I have GREAT Auto Insurance, so they gave me over $2,000, minus my $100.00 Deductible and because I am able to do all the Repairs myself, I got to Spend the Insurance Money on things I have always wanted for my Cruiser, not to mention a MONSTER DVD, GPS Navigation Pioneer Stereo System, so do yourself a Favor and Call your Insurance Company, they are your Friend!!!!!!!!

I didn't even have Receipts for any of my stuff that was Stolen, just Pictures and Videos of it all, so I gave the Insurance Agent the Retail Prices of my stuff and that's what he gave me, exactly what I wanted, which I was not expecting, plus, he gave me the Money for Parts he thought needed Replaced by the Dealer and even gave me extra Money for some Scratches he found on my Dash and all, then, when I Bought New Gauges for my Cruiser, I ended up Buying better Gauges then I had before, so he gave me even more Money to cover the Cost of those, but, I had A LOT of HARD to replace Items in my Cruiser, not to mention, mine is a Trophy Winning Car, so that may be why, but yeah, Call your Insurance Company for sure, otherwise, you are going to be sorry, I myself came out of this better then before, A LOT better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!