Advertisements
06 PT Convert sat radio question

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andybuzz2u

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 May 2011, 09:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 06 PT Convert sat radio question

I recently purchased a 06 pt cruiser convertible gt. It has the Boston sound with the 6 disk RAQ radio. Well i removed the sat unit form my 06 Chrysler 300 that i sold. I was planning on putting it into the cruiser. However mopar lists the install kit for the sat as null, my local dealer said he could not get it as no other dealer showed it in stock. Well i did my own search on parts voice and found and purchased it. listed on the mopar site as part number 82210437. Well it arrived today and in very bold letters under the part number stated, Not for use on convertibles. And the instructions plainly show a pt cruiser sedan that i do not have a roof to drill Thur to mount the antenna. But i came across a site describing how the roll bar is a good place and since it is a cloth top it will pick up the sat signal. So were exactly do you conv owners with sat from the fac or add on have the box?
Old 06 May 2011, 10:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 06 PT Convert sat radio question

I had an aftermarket unit with the small antenna on the dash. There is good metal under the sport bar, so you'll have an excellent ground plane for that antenna, and I agree, as long as the ribs for the roof are not over it, you'll have a very stealthy satellite antenna there! Really a great place to mount one, in my opinion, and I've been installing antennas for 31 years now...
Old 07 May 2011, 12:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 06 PT Convert sat radio question

I agree Chromenut. If i had not came across the site on a google search, and a few others who did the same, i would have never thought it would work. And since the car is black and the antenna and wire, so it should blend in. I thought about the dash mount, but i hate to mount anything on the dash.

martone dot org: mounting a Sirius antenna in a 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible link to the mounting of the antenna on roll bar.

http://www.daimler.com/Projects/c2c/...Antennas_e.pdf Maybe old but interesting!
kda66 likes this.