Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 front bumper/grille

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jun 2011, 06:55 am
Young Cruiser

Default 2005 front bumper/grille

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got a 2005 pt convertible touring turbo. It was made 6/04. My lower grille is part of the bumper. I see some bumpers that are just bumpers and the lower grille is another piece to set in the lower bumper. Can someone till me what the difference is? Then can someone till me if I can use the bumper with the grille you add to the bumper? I like the grille one that you add to the bumper. I need a bumper because the bumper I have has crew holes from the plate. My car is light almond pkj. Looking for touch up paint also. Thanks xtreme cindy

post this under general but it may have more interest under convertible
have photos under general
Old 14 Jun 2011, 08:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 front bumper/grille

They used one bumper where the lower part of the fascia was all intergral and one with an insert for the egg crate lower grill. I see the later on the ealry 2005 convertibles I looked at. My 03 Gt has the all in one with no insert.

I think the front bumper covers with the insert are more difficult to find and I dont know if they went NS1(no longer serived).

I would assume both should fit.

You can download the parts manul here and look up the part # for yours and call the dealer and get a price for a new one.

I just spent an hour last evening buffing and polishing the front bumper cover on mine but it really needs a repaint because it is sand blasted from 110 K miles of maine winters and is very abrraided.

Online Parts Manual's 2001 - 2007

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue
Old 08 Aug 2011, 10:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 front bumper/grille

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got a 2005 pt convertible touring turbo. It was made 6/04. My lower grille is part of the bumper. I see some bumpers that are just bumpers and the lower grille is another piece to set in the lower bumper. Can someone till me what the difference is? Then can someone till me if I can use the bumper with the grille you add to the bumper? I like the grille one that you add to the bumper. I need a bumper because the bumper I have has crew holes from the plate. My car is light almond pkj. Looking for touch up paint also. Thanks xtreme cindy

post this under general but it may have more interest under convertible
have photos under general
you don't need to put the grille to the bumper. it is better to just put the bumper and then the grille it's under the bumper. its too awkward to see a grille on the bumper.

========================
bumper is a pretty cool

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Aug 2011 at 08:29 am.