PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Build Dates?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Build Dates?

Hey all.

I've done some searching with my VIN and found the build date for my PT... Jan 23 2004. Now that seems really early to me... as it's a 05 model and 05 was the first model year for the PT 'vert.

Does anyone know the date they started regular production of the 'vert? I'm thinking mine may be one of the first off the line.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Build Dates?

Also if you look on the label that is on the drivers door it will give the build date!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 22 Jun 2011, 03:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Also if you look on the label that is on the drivers door it will give the build date!!

Right but it only gives the month and year it went through the assembly line. Mine has 08-00.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 03:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Right but it only gives the month and year it went through the assembly line. Mine has 08-00.
That is what happens when you don't look first, mine is 09/07!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 23 Jun 2011, 10:38 am
Cool Cruiser

Compnine will give you a full printout showing the exact build date along with every RPO that your vehicle has.

Comprehensive Chevrolet, Saturn, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Truck, Mercedes VIN Decoder

Just run your VIN though there.

I won't post up the entire RPO list for my vehicle as it's 2 pages long... but an interesting one I have is 599 - Production Trial Run
Old 25 Jun 2011, 02:55 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks RaineMan...that is the first site that gave me info about my car...others have been posted to give build info but did not have my VIN.

Don
Old 28 Jun 2011, 06:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It is very interesting -2003 Touring is very detailed with the complete build sheet,,but my 2003 Dream GT is vague..incomplete & no build sheet? i wonder why?? Mjb
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineMan View Post
Compnine will give you a full printout showing the exact build date along with every RPO that your vehicle has.

Comprehensive Chevrolet, Saturn, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Truck, Mercedes VIN Decoder

Just run your VIN though there.

I won't post up the entire RPO list for my vehicle as it's 2 pages long... but an interesting one I have is 599 - Production Trial Run
Wow this is AMAZING. Thanks a lot for the link.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Nice database .......except for one thing....

Nothing found for VIN Number 3C###4BB###5###68.

It doesn't have them all.

### is where I didn't want to post my whole VIN number. Triple checked for accuracy.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

If your friendly with your dealer and ask and give them the vin, the service manager can pull up the build sheet and options and give you the whole history of the car.

I have a 1990 Daytona Shelby. it was sold back in the day from a dealer up the street from where I used to work when I lived in Mass. The original owners name was James Bond. I guess if I ever get it restored, I can say I own James Bonds car Note they only made 525 of these TIV cars making them one of the rarest Shelbys.

86 TurboZ CS 2.2 T2 +20's A555
00 Durango SLT+ 5.9 4x4
02 Grand Cherokee 4.7 4x4
03 PT GT Black 5 sp Stg 1 sold
05 PT GT Silver 5 Spd Conv
06 PT GT Cool Vanilla 5 spd Conv
06 PT Base Marine Blue 40TE Conv
15 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QD2
17 Challenger SRT A8 GoMango
18 JL Wrangler Sahara Punkn
20 JL Wrangler Rubicon Ocean Blue