Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Passenger window wobbles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2011, 08:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Passenger window wobbles

Well, to be more specific, on my '06 convert. Cruiser, the passenger window had a tendency to roll up, but lip up over the outside edge of the convertible top. It raises up and down ok, most of the time, but now always ends up lipping over that edge to the top. When I open the door, I can wiggle the passenger window a bit. The switch that controls it at the dash sometimes has to be jiggled to work, but this is not the most troubling issue. I really don't like the window being misaligned, as it looks bad and also looks like it would allow rain (which we have not had in my part of Texas for a very long time) to channel and drip right into the car. It also looks like a thief or vandal magnet with the window already being out of alignment like that.

I was afraid to try to remove the door panel and see if anything could be tightened up to get the window rolling up and down in alignment. It is just my luck to get in over my head anytime I start removing panels and such. Any rate, how hard is it to remove the dash window controls and replace them individually? How hard is it to take the door panel off and check or is there something else that may cause this that I am overlooking. The top opens and closes ok, but the door window on passenger side just always goes up out of alignment and lips over the edge of the convert. top.