Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help finding part for convertible top

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2011, 09:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help finding part for convertible top

Hi I have been lurking here for awhile and thought I would ask everyone for help finding a part.

I have a 2007 convertible the I love to death but it has one little annoying problem. On the top, in the front where the latch is, are little rubber bumpers that keep the sun visors from rattling against the top. I'm missing them on one side and makes a rather annoying racket when you go down the road.

I went to the dealership and talked with the parts guy. He pulled out the shop manuals but was not able to find anything listed.

Any one here have a part number or where to get these bumpers? I been shoving things up there to quite it but it would be nice to just have the right thing there.

thanks
mel
Old 24 Sep 2011, 01:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help finding part for convertible top

I must say that the part's guys do not do well at reading, they mainly have to look at pictures to tell you what the part number is. The OEM parts catalog DOES have the part number listed. See Item 10 below, I've typed out the part number as it's difficult to read in this snapshot. Notice it's listed as body style 27, which is the 2-door convertible.

Mind you, you can go to any decent hardware store and buy some self-adhesive rubber bumpers and use those, that's what I did when a couple of mine came off last summer. They have all kinds of sizes, usually used for putting on the back of picture frames so they don't scratch your walls. I never priced these at the dealership, they may be just as cheap (yeah, right)... the part is called Sunvisor Bumper.

Personally, whenever I go to the dealership to buy a part, I print out the page of the catalog that it's on and take it with me to make sure I get the right part! Also, the page I've posted above is right out of the 2007 parts catalog.

Last edited by Chromenut; 24 Sep 2011 at 01:47 am.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 06:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info. I called the dealer and they are $8 a piece.

I tried the glue on rubber feet before and they feel off after a week or two. I guess the glue can't handle the heat that is generated in a car in summer.

Thanks again

Mel
Old 25 Sep 2011, 07:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_d View Post
Thanks for the info. I called the dealer and they are $8 a piece.

I tried the glue on rubber feet before and they feel off after a week or two. I guess the glue can't handle the heat that is generated in a car in summer.

Thanks again

Mel
Ah. I bought non-adhesive one's and used my glue gun and stuck them on the mirror covers instead of the top. They stayed on all through this really hot summer. At least you were able to tell the lunatics at the stealership what the part number is...lmao... they don't know how to use the "search" function in the parts catalogs to find what they are looking for. Took me, oh, maybe a minute to find this.
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks!
Old 28 Sep 2011, 09:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo0017 View Post
Thanks!
That's why I used my glue gun finally, and glued them on the mirror cover, so they were facing upwards all the time and never came loose. Still on there today....