PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My car is moaning at me!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to insanepagen
Default My car is moaning at me!!

Hello all, I have a 2005 pt cruiser convertible touring edition. When turning to the right the front end is making a grinding/moaning sound. It does not do it when turning to the left. It was making the same sound back in July and the dealership said it was my strut bearings, and replaced them. Now the sound is back with a vengeance! I have had all of my fluids checked and everything is OK. I even put new tires on thinking it was a bad tire (don't laugh!). So before I pay another $500.00 deductible for my extended warranty, I was hoping that someone on here could give me a clue to whats going on so I am prepared. I like to have as much info as I can before I go to the dealership so I don't get taken. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:32 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: My car is moaning at me!!

Well, if is a strut bearing may be because the strut is bent. But maybe you have a bad bearing or an axle. Now the $500 deductible is a rip off IMO: they can not charge more than $100 or $150 for a strut bearing replacement.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

A $500 deductible? As XtrmDC2 said, it's a good chance it's a wheel bearing (right hand side). More pressure on the bearing when turning so if the bearing is bad it will make the grinding/moaning sound.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to insanepagen

I just got my car back from the dealer and the "problems" are: strut bearings needed to replaced again (had them replaced once in may), control arm, control arm bearing and the tire rod ends. And I have to say the dealership went out of their way for me. They called my warranty company and got the deductible waived since I was just there in may for the same problem. So all the parts and labor cost me, grand total, $500.00. Including the repairs done back in May. Yeah me!!!
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yeah you. Good job. Lets hope the parts last longer this time.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.