Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Top Boot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2012, 09:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Top Boot

My recently purchased 2006 Convertible did not have a top boot. So I checked eBay and the "For Sale Classified" on the various blogs. Today I scored what I assume to be a really good deal - - a grey (color I want) top boot - NEW - still in the bag with the instructions - never been on a car. Lady had a 2006 and got totaled - she didn't like the idea of putting the boot on and off - - - $100. Ahhh - I did not haggle.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 09:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Top Boot

good price fahey
Old 11 Jan 2012, 11:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Nothing ticks me off more than not getting ALL the accessories that came with the car from the factory. I've got a copy of the build sheet from my GT showing all the options and configurations from the factory. A top boot was included when the car was built... but a careless owner forgot to turn it in somewhere along the way... along with the second key.

I've considered purchasing one, but honestly I don't have the top down enough to justify it and I don't plan on showing this car... so what's the point?
Old 11 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

We're in Arizona so I really like to have the top down - - but the real reason for the boot is my wife usually likes it up (hair) and she does not wish to take the boot off so she drives our other car - - I get a clean PT with less curbs marks! Heh, Heh!
Old 14 Jan 2012, 12:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have my boot but I have never used it. It sits in my trunk because I live in an apartment and dont have room for it anywhere else. I have the top down a lot but never for a long enough period to justify putting it on. Driving to work, errands, etc. When we take a long trip to the beach this summer I will use it then.

Old 16 Nov 2014, 10:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi new guy here,is the top boot one solid fiberglas piece or foldable material Iwant to get one for next summer,What would be a good price to pay for one,and do any venders sell them,other than going on e-bay?
Old 16 Nov 2014, 10:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopman View Post
Hi new guy here,is the top boot one solid fiberglas piece or foldable material Iwant to get one for next summer,What would be a good price to pay for one,and do any venders sell them,other than going on e-bay?
foldable vinyl but still a little bulky. Ebay or someone offering one for sale. Might try 767Skyking He sale things from time to time.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 16 Nov 2014, 11:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopman View Post
He's clearly referring to stock material one.
Go on ebay like he did.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Nov 2014, 01:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
foldable vinyl but still a little bulky. Ebay or someone offering one for sale. Might try 767Skyking He sale things from time to time.

Here is whatb I'm talking about. A little pricey these days.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com