Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 Convertible car cover.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2012, 02:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 Convertible car cover.

Does anyone know of any dealers that carry a cover for the convertible? I can only seem to find ones for the sedan. Thank you.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 08:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 Convertible car cover.

You looking for a full cover or just the top half? I have a California Pop Top that I use almost year round, keeps crap off my roof so that I can extend the cloth's life, but also keeps ice and snow off my windows, and in spring time keeps all that yellow/green pollen (I'm in the south and it falls in piles!), and reduces the amount of scrubbing needed on the top.

There are custom fit covers for the Verts. I can tell you that the best of the best is sold by Linda at PT Boutique, but prepare yourself for sticker shock. Personally I think they are worth the cost, and will keep your car looking good for years and years, but they are NOT cheap ($409!).

There are others out there, but personally I'd not recommend the cheaper brands. I made the mistake of putting a 'fitted' cover my my Aurora, the darned thing wore the paint down on the mirrors and trunk lid from moving around in the wind! Really had me PO'd!

If you want to go the cheap route, you can look up the Cali Pop Top. I love mine but am making some adjustments to it - specifically I'm going to sew soft magnets into the edge so I can put it out on the hood and keep snow from building up in the winter around the wipers.

If you want to see some photos of it installed, let me know, I have them from all times during the year showing how well it works.

Last edited by Chromenut; 30 Jan 2012 at 09:02 am.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 04:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you Chromenut for taking the time to send me that information! I do need a complete cover. I have to park under a large tree and I get all sorts of crap (literally) on my roof and hood. Unfortunately $409 is out of my price range for the moment. I live on the central coast of California so a waterproof one is ideal.
Old 02 Feb 2012, 10:19 pm
Young Cruiser

I've been using a custom fit cover on my 06 Conv for the past several years and I haven't noticed any damage to the car or cover. I belive that it was in the mid $200 range.

Here is a link to a Custom car cover dealer that has a cover for your 05 Conv. I don't know anything about this dealer, But one could check them out online.

(Convertible) Chrysler Pt Cruiser 2005-2005 Custom-fit Car Cover Kit | Microbead Car Covers

Here's a couple of photos of my custom car cover on my 06 Conv.

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Osiris and Cabin Photos 018.jpg (92.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Osiris and Cabin Photos 028.jpg (101.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 03 Feb 2012, 12:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

J, great cover, and really like that lifetime warranty!
Old 07 Feb 2012, 07:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

J, Thank you so much! This is more in my price range, and the photos were very helpful.
Old 08 Feb 2012, 12:55 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
J, Thank you so much! This is more in my price range, and the photos were very helpful.
Hey Deen, No Problem. The Photo's were taken at our lake fishing cabin over in Eastern WA and we have a large number of pine trees on the property, One of which is a huge Ponderosa Pine and that is one of the worst for getting pine needles all over our beautiful 06 Vert, Not to mention all the pine pitch.

Wouldn't be without a cover as it's saved me a lot of cleaning on the Verts Top and the cars paint.

J
Old 08 Feb 2012, 08:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Think I'm gonna have to get me that one too!

Tags
convertible, cover