Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anybody ever get their boot stolen?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2012, 02:05 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to WebGuy Send a message via AIM to WebGuy Send a message via MSN to WebGuy Send a message via Yahoo to WebGuy Send a message via Skype™ to WebGuy
Default Anybody ever get their boot stolen?

I'm a little leery of leaving the top down with the boot on while not being around the car. Maybe I am just paranoid but has anyone had a problem with getting their boot stolen?
Old 01 Mar 2012, 07:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Anybody ever get their boot stolen?

Nobody with a vert ever came to this forum and reported having it stolen. I'd be more afraid to leave the top down and getting the interior vandalized while not being around it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Mar 2012, 10:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to WebGuy Send a message via AIM to WebGuy Send a message via MSN to WebGuy Send a message via Yahoo to WebGuy Send a message via Skype™ to WebGuy

Good point. Had not thought about that.
Old 01 Mar 2012, 11:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

great Crezwin now you give him more to worry about
Old 01 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
great Crezwin now you give him more to worry about
LOL. Since this is my first vert, I am going to assume that the car is a "public place" whenever the top is down and therefore will not leave anything I don't want stolen in it.

I would never leave it unattended in a "bad" part of town. And even then, I would only leave it unattended if I can somewhat keep an eye on it through a window or something.

My biggest fear is someone screwing up the top, not the insides.
Old 01 Mar 2012, 08:56 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I had my lebarron vert for 3 years and never locked the door. Figure if anyone really wanted to get in the car it was better to leave the doors open than to come back to a slashed top... I also had no stereo in the car. Just am empty hole where the radio should be and in the back of that a small powered speaker.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 02 Mar 2012, 01:28 pm
Young Cruiser

I would imagine it's nearly impossible to actually steal the boot, since when the top is down and the boot is on, the boot is actually wedged between the top and the body of the car. Almost no way to get the boot out.

woohoo, post #69 dude!!

2005 Dreamcruiser Series 4 Convertible. Deep Lava Red (not the plum color) with matching top. Infinity sound, two tone leather, High Output Turbo

2002 Durango 5.9 R/T. Cherry Red. Full time AWD, Infinity Sound, K&N intake.
Old 02 Mar 2012, 04:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I've walked off and left my car at shows with the top down, even at the AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and never had an issue. I do put up the windows and set the alarm, but that's just for my peace of mind more than anything.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 11:19 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
I've walked off and left my car at shows with the top down, even at the AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and never had an issue. I do put up the windows and set the alarm, but that's just for my peace of mind more than anything.
Yeah, putting up the windows is something we do as well. Most times it's not about physically stopping a thief, it's about simply making it inconvenient for them. They like easy marks, and trying to get around the windows when the are up is not easy.

2005 Dreamcruiser Series 4 Convertible. Deep Lava Red (not the plum color) with matching top. Infinity sound, two tone leather, High Output Turbo

2002 Durango 5.9 R/T. Cherry Red. Full time AWD, Infinity Sound, K&N intake.
Old 05 Mar 2012, 11:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Tags
boot, convertible, stolen