PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > PT Cruiser Convertible Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New Owner (soon) locking doors with roof down?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chromenut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 May 2012, 09:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New Owner (soon) locking doors with roof down?

Hi All

New to the forum and just bought a PT which we collect on Thursday (in the UK). The only thing we were not sure about on the view and test drive was when we locked the doors using the keyfob with the roof down, we expected them to stay locked, however for some reason we decided to lift the manual door knob on the top of the door and were surprised that we could pull it up and then open the door without the alarm going off? Did we lock it wrong when the roof was down perhaps or does this suggest a problem with the car? I know you can lean over into the car if you leave the roof down and potentially pinch anything from inside, but surprised we could also gain entry? Appreciate some help prior to picking up the car please so we can try again...the other thing we noticed was when the car had the roof up and we blasted the air con to make sure it worked, tick over was not so good at stand still, was fine with AC off, just on? Looking forward to owning our first PT, plus first ever soft top just in time for the UK summer
Old 27 May 2012, 11:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Re: New Owner (soon) locking doors with roof down?

Pt idling weird with ac on is well heard of.

As far as the alarm. Did you try sitting in the car, roof up and locking the car then opening it? If the alarm didnt go off then the alarm is probably disabled.

How many miles are on it? timing belts need changed around 100k

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 27 May 2012, 12:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok thanks re air con sounds like that is nothing to worry about if it is a common issue.

No we did not sit in the car like you say, we just locked the car after driving it and kept the roof down, the car locked ok but we could then lift the manual lever and open the door without using a key fob or key in door? Maybe the alarm is disconnected, we will check when we go to collect but do you think even if the alarm was disconnected that the car door should be able to opened after locking without the key by just pulling up the small knob? I don't think we would leave the car locked with the roof down anyway, but just want to make sure it is working properly if we ever did.

It has 40K miles on the clock (serviced at 38K)

Cheers
Old 27 May 2012, 04:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As to the alarm, it may not be programmed correctly or not activated at all. Mine, I've made the mistake many times of opening the passenger door when I had the top down and the doors locked, then the alarm going off. And that will scare the pee out of you, as my alarm is now run to my airhorn and boy is it loud!
Dwummer likes this.