Advertisements
Yellow 2007 GT convertible

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chromenut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2012, 01:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Yellow 2007 GT convertible

How many, if any, yellow GT convertibles were manufactured? I've tried to contact Chrysler Customer Care, but it seems that they are designed to help someone buy a new car. I am looking to buy one if they exist. So I'm turning to the most educated audience on this subject. Soooooo does anyone how many were produced or where I could go to find out? You can email be directly at srsinger@sbcglobal.net. Thanks in advance.
Old 23 Jun 2012, 01:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Yellow 2007 GT convertible

Welcome New PT Cruiser Members - PT Cruiser Forum
Old 25 Jun 2012, 09:57 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsinger View Post
How many, if any, yellow GT convertibles were manufactured? I've tried to contact Chrysler Customer Care, but it seems that they are designed to help someone buy a new car. I am looking to buy one if they exist. So I'm turning to the most educated audience on this subject. Soooooo does anyone how many were produced or where I could go to find out? You can email be directly at srsinger@sbcglobal.net. Thanks in advance.
If by yellow, you mean the metallic mustard yellow like this one...

Dream Series 1

...then the answer is 'not very many at all'. That color was exclusive to the Dreamcruiser Series 1 released in 2002. It was a limited run of 7500 cars in North America. There are not very many still around. A gal that works at the local Big Lots owns one, and I see them from time to time, but they are increasingly rare.

On the other hand, if you meant the canary yellow one like this...

Street Series 1

Then the answer is 'even less'. This is the 2006 Street Series 1 Route 66 edition. Another limited edition run of 5000. You almost never see these.

(Sorry for the links instead of a pic. Photobucket is boned today)

2005 Dreamcruiser Series 4 Convertible. Deep Lava Red (not the plum color) with matching top. Infinity sound, two tone leather, High Output Turbo

2002 Durango 5.9 R/T. Cherry Red. Full time AWD, Infinity Sound, K&N intake.

Last edited by QuarterFlash; 25 Jun 2012 at 10:09 am.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm
Banned

Since the OP was asking about a 2007 convertible that would be the "Pastel Yellow Clearcoat" with the YD paint code. I don't recall that the "Route 66's" were available in the convertible configuration. They were "Solar Yellow Clearcoat" code YH. The Dream Series 1 was "Inca Gold Pearlcoat" code Y6. It was a gold color, not a yellow.

As far as production numbers, they were available during the first few years of production. Several of the production numbers were posted over at The Crew's site at one time or another, but as Chrysler seemed to loose interest in the PT (around 2006 or 2007) the corporate sources that The Crew used simply dried up.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 25 Jun 2012 at 04:57 pm.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 09:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If you guys are interested, go through the PT Chronology document I have posted in the tech docs library (link in my sig block). I have placed in there the color schemes available for EVERY year the PT has been produced.

In 2007, the only yellow is "Pastel Yellow Clearcoat". Thats that soft yellow that is very similar to the VW Bug yellow.

Here's the 2007 color charts:

As to the quantity of these produced, Chrysler won't release that number, and I had inside sources who couldn't even find out.
Busted_PT likes this.