PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No Compression..timing belt??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2012, 01:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default No Compression..timing belt??

Hi,
its me again..my car blew head..had backyard mechanic replace head..he gets no spark...never done DOHC..
He towed to dealer..they said no compresssion..and its Probably timing belt???... they said sensors checked..out...
is this normal??..no compression...head was pretty damaged from valves..they said he could have visually inspected for INTERNAL DAMAGE??

Should i take to another mechanic..for timing belt???
HELP DESPERATE
Old 20 Jul 2012, 01:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: No Compression..timing belt??

You need to have somebody look at it that knows something about our cars. The timing belt is difficult to do and can be difficult to get in time if you don't know what you are doing.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 01:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

How did you blow the head to start with? Timing belt failure all but never damages the head or valves.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Jul 2012, 01:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hmm did't i say this just recently?

DEALER SAYS CAR HAS NO COMPRESSIOn
"I would like to know the results of the compression test. The Compression numbers and there corresponding cylinders can tell us a lot what is going on. If all was told "Dealer told me car has NO compression" the dealership really needs a lesson in some better customer service!

Incorrect timing aliments with a head R&R is very common mistake many make, but without knowing a little more its hard to narrow down specific's that will better help you and not send you off in a thousand different testing directions."

Your choices in who works on your vehicle might need to be re- evaluated!
I would try to make it a habit to get all the important technical information about worked performed in the future in case the any event you need outside assistance with problems?

No spark is an ignition or electrical problem the head issues are a mechanical issues. Two different problems. Somebody may have not done the job repairing the initial problem correctly and caused more concerns?

Time to start fresh, get a new "qualified" mechanic and begin with a new assignment of your engine condition.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 20 Jul 2012, 02:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

They just need to re-time it- happens all the time
Old 03 Sep 2012, 05:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi all
I think the problems is that from timing chain side.Checked base timing, fine. Checked spark, fine. Checked fuel, fine. Put it all back together, and it cranked over really hard for a bit, then fired up. Ran like crap, died, and when I fired it back up, ran fine. The no-compression-spinning sound was gone.

lift kits for jeeps

Last edited by wackson; 08 Sep 2012 at 01:28 am.

Tags
headgasket, no compression, timing belt